• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Garmin Striker Plus 4cv installation on 2013 SX210

Flying Low 2

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi All -

I have really enjoyed this forum. As a new owner of a 2013 SX210, it has really been helpful during the purchase and early ownership period. I'd like to pay that back with some details on my recent installation of a Garmin Striker Plus 4cv.

I had started a nice step by step but when I tried to add pictures it blew away about an hours worth of work! If anyone knows how to recover a draft that would be super helpful! I'll add some more details later.

Tools and Supplies
* Dewalt Cordless
* Misc drills and bits
* fish tape
* vaseline
* 3M 5200
* 600 grit sand paper

Materials
* Striker Plus 4CV
* Seaview Gland
* Ram Mount
* Zip ties and adhesive mounts
* Stainless hardware to attach Garmin mount to Ram Mount

Step 1: Transducer location and installation

Locate Transducer using the template provided. I chose the starboard side of the starboard jet. This seemed like the best clean install location from a mechanical and water flow perspective.

Holes drilled per Gramin instructions. Holes counter sunk using over-size drill and manually turning it to counter sink.

20180814_211109.jpg

Step 2: Transom Pass-through and gland installation

This part was the most challenging part on the entire install due to tight area and critical nature of the install. I had to find a reasonably flat are for the gland. This was aft and above of the starboard exhaust.

Locate gland install area
20180814_211122.jpg

Locate holes using provided gasket
20180814_211147.jpg

Drill and counter sink
20180814_214421.jpg
for the pass-through I followed the Garmin instructions. It was a pretty big hole and I used a hole saw style drill to make it. I dressed the edge with the sandpaper to knockdown any stress risers (photo before sanding).

Fish cable into boat
I used the fish tape to run the cable through to the point where I could get my hands on it from the access panel between the two clean outs. I didn't have to remove the big cover.

Install Gland
20180814_232619.jpg
I wasn't really happy how the two halves came together. The way the gland works there are two halves that are a base that gets screwed to the boat. Then a rubber plug goes around the cable, then the two top segments lock together and are screwed down hold the plug. I wasn't happy with the gap, so I ran 5200 around the base and in the cracks to help seal everything up.

Step 3: Route transducer cable from transom to cockpit

Step 4: Locate Ram Mount on side of cockpit and drill pass-through for transducer and power cables

Step 5: Integrate Power Cable

Step 6: Pull power and transducer cable through

Step 7: Mount Garmin Striker Plus & connect cables

Step 8: Power on Check

Step 9: Close up and final ops check

I'll be putting the boat back in the water in the next day or two and will be able to confirm the transducer location and rest of the integration is working as desired.

Last edited:

capt

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi All -

I have really enjoyed this forum. As a new owner of a 2013 SX210, it has really been helpful during the purchase and early ownership period. I'd like to pay that back with some details on my recent installation of a Garmin Striker Plus 4cv.

I had started a nice step by step but when I tried to add pictures it blew away about an hours worth of work! If anyone knows how to recover a draft that would be super helpful! I'll add some more details later.

Tools and Supplies
* Dewalt Cordless
* Misc drills and bits
* fish tape
* vaseline
* 3M 5200
* 600 grit sand paper

Materials
* Striker Plus 4CV
* Seaview Gland
* Ram Mount
* Zip ties and adhesive mounts
* Stainless hardware to attach Garmin mount to Ram Mount

Step 1: Transducer location and installation

Locate Transducer using the template provided. I chose the starboard side of the starboard jet. This seemed like the best clean install location from a mechanical and water flow perspective.

Holes drilled per Gramin instructions. Holes counter sunk using over-size drill and manually turning it to counter sink.

View attachment 81667

Step 2: Transom Pass-through and gland installation

This part was the most challenging part on the entire install due to tight area and critical nature of the install. I had to find a reasonably flat are for the gland. This was aft and above of the starboard exhaust.

Locate gland install area
View attachment 81669

Locate holes using provided gasket
View attachment 81670

Drill and counter sink
View attachment 81671
for the pass-through I followed the Garmin instructions. It was a pretty big hole and I used a hole saw style drill to make it. I dressed the edge with the sandpaper to knockdown any stress risers (photo before sanding).

Fish cable into boat
I used the fish tape to run the cable through to the point where I could get my hands on it from the access panel between the two clean outs. I didn't have to remove the big cover.

Install Gland
View attachment 81672
I wasn't really happy how the two halves came together. The way the gland works there are two halves that are a base that gets screwed to the boat. Then a rubber plug goes around the cable, then the two top segments lock together and are screwed down hold the plug. I wasn't happy with the gap, so I ran 5200 around the base and in the cracks to help seal everything up.

Step 3: Route transducer cable from transom to cockpit

Step 4: Locate Ram Mount on side of cockpit and drill pass-through for transducer and power cables

Step 5: Integrate Power Cable

Step 6: Pull power and transducer cable through

Step 7: Mount Garmin Striker Plus & connect cables

Step 8: Power on Check

Step 9: Close up and final ops check

I'll be putting the boat back in the water in the next day or two and will be able to confirm the transducer location and rest of the integration is working as desired.
How did the finish product work for you? I have read some Transducers mounted on the hull have interference issues with the jet wash.

Flying Low 2

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It has worked great. If you are running full speed it will drop out. Also if you reverse into your own wake it will fuzz. Otherwise, from stationary to ~15 mph it works well.

If I had to do it again, I would probably spring the extra $$ for a model that had actual maps.

capt

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Did you connect the black and red wires directly to the battery?