• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Gas can nozzle down into tank

gwrace1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So I bought three of these brand new gas cans for the boat. Thought I would take advantage of premium at 1.99 today. No problems filling the boat until can 3 when the nozzle came off and went down the line. Is there anyway to retreive this and if not should I be concerned?

jdkaeser

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yes make every person who made the laws Requiring all of this crap on gas cans and shove them in your gas tank. Then ask them to calmly push out the nozzle and when they do put the cap back on your gas tank. Thank you.

gwrace1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Get yourself one of these and go fishing!

Flexible Grabber Claw Pick Up Reacher Tool With 4 Claws Bendable Hose Pickup Reaching Assist Tool for Litter Pick, Home Sink, Drains, Toilet (35.4inch) Flexible Grabber Claw Pick Up Reacher Tool With 4 Claws Bendable Hose Pickup Reaching Assist Tool for Litter Pick, Home Sink, Drains, Toilet (35.4inch) - - Amazon.com
Thank you I'll give that a try. Looks like it floats at least in water so it may be ok left in the tank if I can't retrieve it.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’d doubt that it could make it all the way into the tank. It’ll probably get suck in the fill tube and make it hard to fill up at the pump. Im not sure how your model is set up, but I can access the fill tube under the deck once I pull the floor up. Either way, good luck.

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Last edited:

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Do you know how to get rich? You invent something and then lobby the government to make it law so everyone Has to buy it.
now you know why we have all that stupid crap on gas cans.

tim h

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You might try one of these. After you fix the boat you can fix that slow tub drain your wife complains about.

Attachments

jdkaeser

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Here are some replacement spouts that get rid of the horrible EPA spouts. It's a universal kit for new gas cans.

gwrace1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

gwrace1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Can anyone tell me if the fuel sender is accessed via the stern compartment or the engine bay on the newer yamaha jet boats?

gwrace1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well you can disregard my previous post. I finally was able to get the gas can nozzle out of the fill line. I straightened out two coat hangers then fastened together with electrical tape. Since I had two more of those nozzles I sized the hook on the end so it would pass through the nozzle just enough to grab the narrower end. I could feel it in the line. Managed to get it out on the third try. I won't use them again when filling the boat from gas cans.

Last edited:

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well you can disregard my previous post. I finally was able to get the gas can nozzle out of the fill line. I straightened out two coat hangers then fastened together with electrical tape. Since I had two more of those nozzles I sized the hook on the end so it would pass through the nozzle just enough to grab the narrower end. I could feel it in the line. Managed to get it out on the third try. I won't use them again when filling the boat from gas cans.
👍