• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Gas prices

Ntlange

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
So I was thinking. I think all of you guys need to send me a small "donation" because I am holding these low gas prices hostage. Knowing how crappy my luck is, I know that as soon as I can afford my own boat the gas prices are going to be back at $3+ thus making it hard for me to then afford the gas for my nice shiny new boat. Haha. So if you don't ever want to see $4 a gallon again send your money to

Have a great weekend guys!

Your biggest fan.

lashburn1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Funny.

We all know gas prices are never the determining factor in what or if a New boat is gonna be purchased

The big problem with a new boat is "when can we go out next!! "

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
thats when you go anchor down and hang out :)

greg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I bought my boat when gas was around 4 bucks. It was a long holiday weekend. It was a very very costly weekend. Glad they came back down.

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am loving gas & diesel prices, right now diesel is $ 1.89 and regular unleaded is also $ 1.89 at Sam's Club.

Filling a 50 gallon tank back when it was 4 bucks a gallon sucked, back then we did a Lake Powell Trip spent $ 600.00 in fuel between the tow rig and boat.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just bring her to Bimini. You will be excited to hit the water again after every $250 ($6 a gallon) fill up.

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just bring her to Bimini. You will be excited to hit the water again after every $250 ($6 a gallon) fill up.
Ouch!! The old saying you have to pay to play seems fitting for an awesome trip like that.

Hannibal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I bought our boat so it would rain. Our poor sandspurs were all parched. Now it hasn't quit raining! The rising gas prices are just a side benefit. But to offset the gas prices, I drive a Prius for my work truck while my bride drives my F250 for her short commute.

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Gas on lake Tahoe is $5.25/gallon while it's about 1/2 that price on land and the launch fee is about $40. Oh well, that's the price of owning a boat and are least she only burns about 4-5 you.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
We spent a week at Lake Martin Alabama every summer with our boat. One year it was 5.50 at the marina. I never batted an eye....Worth every cent. My kids still talk about those trips. We would budget 1000.00 for fuel and usually spent just under that. 3-4 fill ups usually about 250.00 each.