• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Gas too old?

Kevin107

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Finally have some time to take the boat out today, but realized the boat have been in storage for awhile. Winterized with new fuel last November with stabil. Took the boat out twice and burned 1/4 of the fuel in March. Then went back to storage ever since due to the water level in dfw.
Do you think the fuel is still safe to use? Should I drain it and if so how?

Thank you in advance!

Fuel should still be good. I'm stilltrying to burn up the fuel from last summer, mix it with some new and good to go.

Will do. Thank you!

If you are concerned, try some PRI-G in the tank. I've been using it for years...my dirt toys sit during summer, my summer toys sit during winter and once for about a year and a half while I tended to some personal business. The fuel in the boat was just fine since I stored it with PRI-G:

http://www.priproducts.com/fuel_storage_consumer.cfm

:cool:

Gas was still good. Day went great! Thanks for the tips.

That's awesome. Glad to hear. Draining the tank isn't the worse thing in the world, but it's no picnic either. Best way to empty the tank is to burn some fuel on the lake. ;)

Back