• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Gauge questions

Jpseph296

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
image.jpg So I picked up my 195 ho impulse today and had 2 questions about the gauges. On the center display there are 2 squiggly lines with an arrow pointing down under them and idea what that means? And is there a way to get the water temp?

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Jpseph296

The squiggly line means the gauge is set to display depth. No there isn't a water temp display, only engine temp. I would highly suggest you take some time and read the manual, and watch the sea doo videos in the Scarab Repository in this section. Have fun, and congrats on your boat. Its very nice!

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats on the new boat. Looks awesome.

Jpseph296

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I read the manual and couldn't find that info. Even when I set the gauge to display somthing else those lines are still there @ScarabMike and the manual says it shows water temp lol

JusFlyinBy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm digging up an old thread here, but Jpseph296 is right. The manual does say the gauges display water temp. I remember reading this in reviews of the Scarab as well when I was cross shopping to the Yamaha's but I can't find that option to display either. So none of us have this feature?

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Beautiful boat. I hear the Red option adds 5 mph (at least on Yamahas) Best of luck with it.