• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Gel coat issue?

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Have you talked to your dealer? I would think that they would have an idea to what's going on.

Lendwaym

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
Have you talked to your dealer? I would think that they would have an idea to what's going on.
Just sent them a pic. Another forum the people suggest it’s a gel coat issue and I should return the boat. Only can be fixed in the factory.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just sent them a pic. Another forum the people suggest it’s a gel coat issue and I should return the boat. Only can be fixed in the factory.
If that's the case I would see if you could use it through the summer and let them have it in the off season for repairs

Gozills

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
scarab gelcoat quality is average at best. They either had problems when they removed from mold and patched the gelcoat or switched batch during lay up. Pitiful. They should replace your boat

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Can you feel a slight bump at the edge of the color variation?

Can you find the end of this area to the left where it shows similar wave and discoloration?

Almost looks like a gelcoat patch that was not color matched properly. Easy fix.

Lendwaym

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
Can you feel a slight bump at the edge of the color variation?

Can you find the end of this area to the left where it shows similar wave and discoloration?

Almost looks like a gelcoat patch that was not color matched properly. Easy fix.
There is no bump on either side. But there is a fainter wavy line to the left which makes this stand out a bit like the pic shows.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So which is the correct color? light or dark blue?

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
3 Options.....

-Return boat and get your $ back
- Give to them in off season to fix
- Negotiate a few thousand cash back and deal with it (dont reapir). This repair will likely cost $1500-2000 depending on rates in your area.