• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Gelcoat missing!

Scott E

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
My 210 Challenger had this on one side, looked like they had just cut that hole wrong. The black was solid, but a rough fiberglass edge with a small void. I filled it with MarineTex and sanded.

Briwhy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Thanks for posting the pic! I talked to the Rep from Glastron and he said they are going to take care of this for me.
Now I wonder if this is something I should worry about as well. Mine isn't chipped up or rough but I'd imagine yours wasn't in the beginning either. I have around 35hrs on my boat. Keep me posted on what glastron does for you in fixing this.

BobbyP

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
I looked on my 187, didn't see anything black, just gel coat.

Jmod86

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
After some back and forth Glastron agreed to fix it! I have in writing i can bring it back at the end of the season to have the area repaired under warranty.

Briwhy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
If something happens with mine I'm making them fix it as well. Thanks for posting this cause now there is proof if something would happen.

Jmod86

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
No problem. It was kind of a mess to deal with, but in the end they are making it right. Hopefully it's an isolated incident and nobody else has the same issue.