• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

General Maintenance Questions

WetWilly

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey y’all. We just bought a 2020 AR190 and have taken it out about 10 times. That said, I am a total noob and this is our first boat. What should I be doing for routine maintenance? Are there intervals that certain things should be done, or things that should be checked frequently?

I mean, it’s new, and doesn’t need anything per say right now, but I want to stay on top of things and make sure it’s well maintained. And what parts and tools do you recommend I have on deck, if/when something happens.

We will have the boat moored in a wet slip on Lake Union in Seattle until September, but I want to know if we should be checking anything on the regular until we take it out.

Thanks in advance!

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Unless the '20's don't require one our earlier models needed a 10 hr service, essentially a oil change and checking for loose items, that one could do on your own. I would suggest you do a search on the forums here to check out comments on the wet slipping and some issues that ensue, but other than changing the oil, filter and spark plugs every 100 hrs (once a year for us) the motors are well proven. Here is a page from an earlier model owners manual to check against what's in your owners manual.

Attachments

Frank Marshall

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I would get a maintenance manual. It goes into a lot of detail on what and when. Some items in the maintenance section seems a bit of an overkill, but there others amongst the bunch that are critical. Like "Impeller duct check". "Disassemble and check the impeller duct if there is water intrusion". If not got this can freeze up the shaft and kill the engine.

2019 SX195 Manuals