• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Get a boat they said, you will make friends they said. Lies

Thunderseye

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I feel like we are almost out of place. most of our friends our age (late 30s) all have small children or babies, and can't ever seem find to get out for date nights, or a lazy day on the lake. So unless its a boat full of teens its just the wife and I. Which is great. But sometimes its nice to have other couples to meetup and hangout with, ya know adult. We have moved so many times (military) but In Georgia it seems we just haven't met any other couples that actually have time to get out, or just hangout.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
It’s the age man. I’m 40, had my kids young (too young). My youngest is 12, most people our age have young kids (some have annoying kids lol). When we get out it‘s often just the two of us or us and the kids. It’s hard to make friends at this stage in life. Even if you have a boat lol.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hmm sounds to me like a webapp i should build or integrate into beta next week. We are older, but have teenagers who arent around too much, we would like to find some boating friends.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Like Tinder but for plutonic boating friends...swipe right!

Thunderseye

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It’s the age man. I’m 40, had my kids young (too young). My youngest is 12, most people our age have young kids (some have annoying kids lol). When we get out it‘s often just the two of us or us and the kids. It’s hard to make friends at this stage in life. Even if you have a boat lol.
Exactly our problem. We have a 12 year old 18 and 19 year old both well into our careers, wife is definitely not about the moms groups, not a stay at home wife.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Let me sketch it out this weekend see what we can come up with.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Looking at it from 30,000 feet, people in our age range waited a LOT longer to have kids than previous generations. The ones that didn’t are in the minority. Luckily, we have this forum to find like minded individuals and families to find others locally to maybe meet and share our hobby. Not sure if you knew it but there is a member map feature that will give locations of members close to you. If you add your location to your profile you should show up there too. If you’re in N GA there are a LOT of members nearby on Lanier and Altoona.

Thunderseye

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Let me sketch it out this weekend see what we can come up with.
My wife says do it. She has no friends, can’t relate to the women around here to don’t work. She’s a full time student and a full time engineer. That mom across the street, that sells beauty products just can’t relate

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
For what it’s worth, we moved in to a subdivision and find ourselves recreating with couples older than we are, just because they’re at the same stage in life (nearly grown children). Have to get outside your comfort zone!

SamN44

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We are in Marietta, Georgia and spend most weekends on lake allatoona. Would love to meet up. we find ourselves in the same boat. I’m 33 with a fiance and no kids. Pm me and I’ll send you my number.

Attachments

Thunderseye

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
For what it’s worth, we moved in to a subdivision and find ourselves recreating with couples older than we are, just because they’re at the same stage in life (nearly grown children). Have to get outside your comfort zone!
We are in a subdivision. We have plenty of neighbors, we hangout in the hood and grill out, but their little are too little to take on a boat supposedly

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Sign up on Jetboaters.net today! It’s like Match.com but less one night hookups and more boats!

Thunderseye

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Looking at it from 30,000 feet, people in our age range waited a LOT longer to have kids than previous generations. The ones that didn’t are in the minority. Luckily, we have this forum to find like minded individuals and families to find others locally to maybe meet and share our hobby. Not sure if you knew it but there is a member map feature that will give locations of members close to you. If you add your location to your profile you should show up there too. If you’re in N GA there are a LOT of members nearby on Lanier and Altoona.
Where is this member map you speak of?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thinking the premise should be boaters or people who would like to be boating? Be a theme for people with like interests?

Thunderseye

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We are in Marietta, Georgia and spend most weekends on lake allatoona. Would love to meet up. we find ourselves in the same boat. I’m 33 with a fiance and no kids. Pm me and I’ll send you my number.
39 3 kids, but they are old enough to watch them selves :)

Thunderseye

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thinking the premise should be boaters or people who would like to be boating? Be a theme for people with like interests?
Yeah people with interest. Obviously boating, but I mean there are things outside of boating. Like working on the boat, cleaning on the boat. and BBQing

white2kstang

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I swear I just had this conversation the other day when it was just the two of us and I was debating the work to put in cause she is getting tired of talking to just me and wants to go home after a couple hours. Lol I'm hoping it's more covid than anything.

Thunderseye

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I swear I just had this conversation the other day when it was just the two of us and I was debating the work to put in cause she is getting tired of talking to just me and wants to go home after a couple hours. Lol I'm hoping it's more covid than anything.
Yeah I mean if we are going to sit around and stare at our phones i would rather at least be on the water. Although we do take naps, play cards jam out. We got up early one morning anchored out, put the bow fillers in, blankets pillows, and watched the sunrise. Let her win a few games of phase ten. :)