• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Gimme some Details on Details....

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Those hours would be a sloths pace

Wipe/Vacuum/Windows/303 the interior = 40min
Wash/Wax Exterior = 90 min
Spot sand/buff/polish exterior = 30 min most of it is done while waxing
I'll spend 30 -60 minutes wet sanding and polishing an area the size of the registration number. 2+ hours just to buff/cut one side of the boat, and that's just step 1 of a three step process. This is using the big rotary DeWalt.
How do you spot sand, buff, and polish while your waxing? Wax comes last. That doesn't even make sense.

All that work would be a 10+ hour day for me so 750 bucks is reasonable (but i still diy because i like working on the boat)
20180805_205017.jpg

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Your $480 quote above sounds reasonable. I would just ensure that the quote includes buffing out the scuffs.
It does include buffing our the scuffs. This second quote does not include an acid wash. When he came to look at it he indicated that it was not at all needed.

Elliott

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It does include buffing our the scuffs. This second quote does not include an acid wash. When he came to look at it he indicated that it was not at all needed.
Sounds like you have found the right company/guy.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I'll spend 30 -60 minutes wet sanding and polishing an area the size of the registration number. 2+ hours just to buff/cut one side of the boat, and that's just step 1 of a three step process. This is using the big rotary DeWalt.
How do you spot sand, buff, and polish while your waxing? Wax comes last. That doesn't even make sense.
My old 2005 red AR230 started to oxidize really bad and needed a lot of time and work to look good @Jgorm you are comparing apples and oranges I would guess your 2004 has the same issues with fading and needs to be buffed like crazy @0627Devildog has a 2014 it should need very minimal wet sanding if any . Yes the order of procedure was not correct but I just copied the original posting and added time to it. Detailing my own boats for the last 20 years I have learned how to not waste time and get the best results with minimal work . Will a $750 detail look better than my 2.5hr job? Yes my job will be at 95% perfection , the detailer would be at 100% one trip out and both would look like 90%. @0627Devildog keep us posted on how long it takes the pro if you are around when they do it maybe even watch what type of products they use and how its applied.

This is my 2005 that spent 13 years in salt water with my DIY 2.5 hr detailing once a season and general cleaning after every use. Purchased it used in 2006 for 21K sold it in 2018 for 20K , it did have some nice upgrades

satovod

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
you dont need to do all that works after season. Most of it better to be done just before next launch.