• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Glastron GTS187 2016 top speed?

Noel Cain

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
So new to the form and a new jet boater. I purchased a brand new 2016 GTS187 from a Glastron dealer in Ontario back in the winter. Got a great deal over the 2017 and 2018s as this boat was brand new and never turned on, it was a showroom model only. Anyways love it so far and the acceleration is amazing, but I am curious about the top speed. I put on a set of Cobra Jet Steering fins before I even put it in the water for the first time, so not too sure if it has slowed down the boat. I can hit 35mph (7k rpm) on the water with just me in the boat, what is everyone else topping out at? Secondly, the noise of this engine is super loud. If I add some deadening to the engine compartment would the weight of it slow it down more too?

genwrx

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
You are probably still in the break in period, the ECU will limit the RPMs until 8-10 hours or so, after that it'll open up a bit more. I think somewhere on these forums, maybe in the Yamaha section, there was a post about installing sound deadening.

Noel Cain

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
That would make sense as I only have 2 hrs on it so far. What is your top speed and how many hrs on yours?

genwrx

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Last time I looked, 44 hours, I think I've gotten to 42/43 once, don't get to run wot on my lake very much as it's too choppy, my average speed is 20-25 lol

Kyle Mekulik

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
You are definitely in your break in period I was able to get mine @ 47mph on glass like water with one chubby friend