• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Going back to the roots!! Circles for surfing

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Went to Aquapalooza this past weekend with @mattschepker and had a great time. Not having my boat we packed along 2 ballast bags totaling 1300 pounds and one of our older boards. Just playing around with his new Ar240 we weighted the boat and with 3 people and the weight we were ropeless!!! Kind of fun to get back to how it used to be. LOL We will post pictures for proof later.

I also got to surf behind a RI237 Centurion....... WOW that was a nice and tall wave. I was on the brakes the entire time.

surf1.jpg

surf2.jpg

Last edited:

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My neighbors (and Friends) have that same model Centurion. It's an awesome wake boat, and makes a helluva wake. I've been a wakeboard/wakeskate guy for years, and was ropeless behind it the first time I tried to surf. I had some previous surf experience from a long vacation in hawaii years ago, and have decent balance, but the giant wave really helped I think.

Either way, I don't think I'll be making the jump to surfing. Seemed like a lot of setup time to get the ballast setup and ready, then not a lot of options for "things to do" once you got up on the board and moving. Surface 360's and small hops off the top of the wake was about it. I really like the variety that the skate gives me for things to try. Wake-to-wake jumps, surface spins, ollies and kickflips, etc......Not to mention it's all done in the flats so less ballast is actually better!