• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Golf Tee's in Engine water outlets

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I noticed that many people on here use this idea when the Boat is not in use and some are concerned about forgetting to remove them before there next trip out, Here's what i do! I tie a length of cord to the tee's and run it under the Boat cover and tie a tee to the other end of it and wrap it around the top of the steering wheel, You notice it straight away and i remove it and wrap it around a small piece of wood and store it in my glove box until the next time i need it you have a spare tee at hand also using this method, I first used it on a Motorcycle when i used a front disc lock and wrapped the cord around the handlebars as many people forgot and shattered there front discs when they drove away with the lock still attached.

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've been using the golf tee trick for years. If I forget to remove them before launch, they just pop out by themselves when I start the engines in the water. That is, of course only if they haven't already fallen out while trailer down the road somewhere.

Never been a big concern of mine. Even if they did manage to "stick" in really good, there is no harm to the engine with these plugged. Its just a visual indicator, not a true functional part as far as cooling is concerned

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've been using the golf tee trick for years. If I forget to remove them before launch, they just pop out by themselves when I start the engines in the water. That is, of course only if they haven't already fallen out while trailer down the road somewhere.

Never been a big concern of mine. Even if they did manage to "stick" in really good, there is no harm to the engine with these plugged. Its just a visual indicator, not a true functional part as far as cooling is concerned
Yes i agree but as i said it concerns some people so it's just a simple way of putting there minds at ease after all there are insects that will set up home in there if they can and i don't think anyone wants that. Good Luck.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Great tip, I too have been using this method since I have owned this boat.

To prevent bug from entering the cooler drain and bow anchor locker drain I have taken wine corks, real or synthetic, and shaved them down until they fit.

Last edited:

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great tip, I too have been using this method since I have owned this boat.

To prevent bug from entering the cooler drain and bow anchor locker drain I have take wine corks, real or synthetic, and shaved them down until they fit.
Good idea I find the simple methods are always the best.

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes i agree but as i said it concerns some people so it's just a simple way of putting there minds at ease after all there are insects that will set up home in there if they can and i don't think anyone wants that. Good Luck.
I agree the golf tee trick is a good one. Thats why I do it :)

My point was there should be no concern or uneasy thoughts about leaving them in or forgetting to take them out. It hurts nothing to leave them in. But if you do, they will pop out on their own anyway. No harm no foul. This is not the same as forgetting to leave a pin lock on your motorcycle rotors. In that case, a string reminder is a nice idea. For "pee hole" plugs its a non-issue.

Plug 'em with golf tees - YES. Worry about forgetting to take the Tees out? Fugettaboutit. Don't worry be happy :D

RForester

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Duct tape is what I use. I just tear a little strip that covers both holes and just stick it to the ends . There isn't enough surface to cause any problem if I crank up. The tape blows off.

smthng

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Zip ties... it's what I had when I first saw a mud dauber "investigating" the holes. Just stuff one down each hole, good to go. If they're brightly colored, I remember to pull them out. Dark ones get automatically ejected when out of the idle zone. :)