• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Gonna re-position the gas strut mount on the ski locker... but

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi all, I'm planning on re-positioning the mount for the gas strut on the ski locker of my 2015 AR240 so that the locker door opens more fully. My plan is to unscrew the current mount, open the door as far as it will go, mark the new position, drill and screw.
For anybody who has already done this, do you have any advice. The reason that I'm asking is that I wonder if there is a real reason as to why Yamaha did it the way they did. ... or did they make a mistake?
Thanks

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Search for it. I did this but instead of relocating I just bought a strut with a longer throw. No new holes and works great.

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Search for it. I did this but instead of relocating I just bought a strut with a longer throw. No new holes and works great.
Really? You're gonna make me search for it? As @Bruce knows, I hate drilling holes in my boat, so I like your idea.
Speaking of holes in my boat, I'm planning on water testing it tomorrow, and I'm thinking that (after months of repairs) this might be the first time that it doesn't leak. Fingers crossed.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I moved the mount with no problem. I did not let it go all the way, since it touches the channel fort he wind block. I stopped mine a few millimeters before the channel.

Jasonsbiz74

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I plan on changing my strut on mine next weekend. I purchased the longer throw already just need time to switch it out.

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I repositioned my strut bracket and yes, it just touched the channel that the locates the wind door, so I just filed it round so all good here :D