• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Good Surf set up?

Mike hauser

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks for the heads up I will be sure to ask

rocknracing

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Mike hauser I have a 12' 242 Limited S that I surf behind. I have a custom bag built for the port side which is just over 1200lbs and with batteries I am over 1300. Then I have 600lbs in ski locker and usually put 400 on swim platform. Then we usually have a few people in boat and they sit on port side. If now one is in there besides my wife and 2 young kids then I put a 400lbs on port seat. I am going to test this year with filling up my 400lbs on starboard side storage instead of 400 on swim platform to see it that works. Need to keep starboard side jet in water!! I also have the wake wedge. I live close to you (Winfield) and will be glad to help you if you need anything. We keep our boat at Mark Twain at Indian Creek marina so if you are ever up there and want to try surfing behind it let me know. I currently have it at the house as we are heading to KY lake on Friday June 24 and getting it all ready to go. Redoing some of the plumbing for the new 1200 bag!

Mike hauser

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That sounds like a ton of water for real. I will have to take you up on that. We usually hit up mark twain. Twice a year.