• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

gopro 5 black

Renod

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
If you are looking to save a little bit of $$$ (maybe use it for some accessories) you can get a GoPro HERO4 Black for under $200. I have had one for several years and used it extensively while snow skiing. Battery life is so-so but it is replaceable so I just keep a spare one charged up. The pic and video quality is very good, we have taken some really nice vids with it.

In January we took our kids to the Bahamas for their scuba certification dives. I simply placed it inside a watertight box good down to 133' and was VERY impressed by the picture/video quality of it. Here is a still from a 1080p video I shot (without color correction filter):

Sharks.jpg

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I bought the gp4 silver for the lcd screen but if I could do it over I would shoot for the gp4 black, no screen but longer battery life.
Is it possible to turn the screen off when you don't need it?

I have a couple older Heroes that don't have the LCD screen, and it drives me crazy that I have to log into the app and look on my phone to frame a shot when I'm setting up for a time-lapse or putting the camera in a stationary spot.

Renod

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I don't know about the screen on the Silver, hopefully Ronnie will let us know. I did end up purchasing the add on screen for the GoPro 4 Black. The camera can be used with or without it. I mainly use it to frame the shot correctly while skiing or diving. But with water sports and a mount I would think you could just use your cell phone to get things framed properly.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You can turn the screen off manually or set it to off or to turn off after x minutes but this never seemed to work for me (either the screen would be off when I needed it on or on when I want it off) the other problem with the 4silver is that the manual on off button for the screen is not accessible when the water proof case and back cover is on). I like the gp4 black because I thought it did not come with an integrated lcd screen.