• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

got a 94 Bayliner reflexx with 90 mercury sport jet engine need impeller 15 to 17 pitch for high altitude ?

Rickey Thomas

Reaction score
Boat Make
Bayliner
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hi , my name is Rickey Thomas . I live in the Colorado Rockies . recently bought a bayliner Reflexx jet boat and its got a mercury 90 3 cylinder engine . runs great on the hose . took it to the water and it just seems to just plow thru the water . 10 mph max . doesnt feel like its getting up on plane at all . very weak . almost as if its not reaching the power band of the engine under a load at all . After replacement of the plugs and wires . making sure everything is firing with good spark . complete carb rebuild new lines gaskets . ect . then filled with High Octane from the co op it still ran like sh*t. took back to repair shop . they yanked the impeller and sure enough its been replaced . impeller looks new . the impeller casing is a little rough but still useable . so here is my problem is . I need impellers for the mercury 90 sport jet in pitches from 17 to 19, or even a recommendation of what to use that would give me that extras RPM or something designed for use in high altitudes .?? Im about 6000 ft above sea level. Rifle Colorado where can I find these impellers? thanks for your time , frustrated in Colorado

Attachments

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
No idea but that thing looks like fun

Rickey Thomas

Reaction score
Boat Make
Bayliner
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I bet it will be a blast on the Colorado river . just needs more ...

Mike Farrey

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaRay
Year
Boat Model
Tango
Boat Length
I have the same boat. I picked it up with a gutted drive so I've been doing a lot of research and trying to piece it together. I'm still missing parts for mine but may have a resource for you. I just sent these guys an email looking for the parts I need. I found their reference through a Facebook group for the sport jets. maverick watersports .com
I am looking for the nut that holds the impeller in place. After buying a "complete" drive and having it damaged in FedEx shipping. They busted the corner of the drive unit and the seller's idea of complete was evidently much different than mine because it came without the nut; the lock washer for the nut and not sure about the bushings. I still can't find a nut and washer and bushings for it. It looks like it's a 7/8 reverse thread, but it must have a special pitch. The 7/8 reverse that I found will start to thread but stops on both shafts after about a full turn. My original came with a threaded shaft and missing the threaded shaft impeller. Hope this helps you. I also saw a reference to the exhaust bleeding into the impeller path that caused performance issues.

Mike Farrey

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaRay
Year
Boat Model
Tango
Boat Length
I Spoke with Maverick Watersports today about the parts I need and I got clarification on which sport jets that they do upgrades to. It is my understanding that they do the upgrades for sport jet 175 and up. If you have the splined shaft he said that the impeller was built much better than the first version with the threaded shaft. He stated they didn't do upgrades on the 90 or 120. from what I found If you are getting a decent rpm but not the equivalent push as at lower RMP it may have to do as I mentioned with exhaust mixing with water in the tunnel. I hope It is that simple for you.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Hi , my name is Rickey Thomas . I live in the Colorado Rockies . recently bought a bayliner Reflexx jet boat and its got a mercury 90 3 cylinder engine . runs great on the hose . took it to the water and it just seems to just plow thru the water . 10 mph max . doesnt feel like its getting up on plane at all . very weak . almost as if its not reaching the power band of the engine under a load at all . After replacement of the plugs and wires . making sure everything is firing with good spark . complete carb rebuild new lines gaskets . ect . then filled with High Octane from the co op it still ran like sh*t. took back to repair shop . they yanked the impeller and sure enough its been replaced . impeller looks new . the impeller casing is a little rough but still useable . so here is my problem is . I need impellers for the mercury 90 sport jet in pitches from 17 to 19, or even a recommendation of what to use that would give me that extras RPM or something designed for use in high altitudes .?? Im about 6000 ft above sea level. Rifle Colorado where can I find these impellers? thanks for your time , frustrated in Colorado
Try calling Impros in CA. They are very knowledgeable and can probably help you.