• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Got a new Lift have a few questions for those of you that have one.

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Ilmmct, apologies for the delay but I completely forgot about this with a houseful for the festivities of the 4th....
Here's a pic of the light working.
The cover over the motor is a "clamshell" with tabs at one end and three bolts at the other (the light end). Two hold the bottom of the white cover and one, the upper one, holds the top. You just have to remove the upper one and the cover pops open. Perhaps the trickiest thing to do is to drill the part of the cover that comes off. The light comes with a plastic nut to affix it. I used it as a gauge to figure out where to drill the hole - not too close to the edge of the clamshell but also in a spot that the light would fit! (Look at the end of the clamshell with the bolts and you'll see what I mean. (Can send more photos next week end.) The wires to attach to are easy to spot. Took me about 20 minutes to do.
Couple more things: we're on a 'dead end' canal so I've only put one light on - visible from the direction I approach from every time. If you can approach from both directions, you could put a light on each motor. Also, since I've put the light on I'm amazed at how far away the remote will work - the light coming on is proof.
IMG_20180704_1201254[1].jpg IMG_20180704_1201195[1].jpg

Ilmmct

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thank you for the detailed instructions and great pictures. Sounds very doable with the assistance you have provided.