• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Got out today

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ah....
20160130_142651.jpg

Actually got out on the water today. 75 degrees, fair breeze, slight chop out on Lake Conroe. Very pleasant weather.

Before you get to thinking that everything is beer and skittles, though, that head in the bow is my mother-in-law...

Holy cow that full size picture is big. Sorry about that, folks.

Good for you Tim! I would have been out today if my boat were not in the repair shop.... been there 3 weeks. I think that they fixed the leak though.

Yes, I was going to ping you but then I remembered that you (your baby, actually) was laid up. Put another few hours on her, and she really liked having the engines run (took an extra crank to get them started originally, but fine after that). Even got a good WOT run in.

BTW, I have scuttled my plans for sound dampening on the boat. I learned that with the engine running you can't hear the MIL.

Shhh... She thinks we were trying to make up time.

Haha.... Hate you for being able to boat in January :mad:.....funny on the MIL.

Same here @tdonoughue - took the boat out Saturday. I've been able to take the boat out a few times since October. I have decided not to winterize my boat and just make it a point to put it in the water every 30-45 days.

My 2013 Yamaha I winterized a couple of winters - just seemed like a waste of money if you able to run your boat a few times during the winter.

Do you winterize your boat?

Who else dosen't winterize there boat?

Yes, I winterize my boat each time she comes out of the water. Once she is out, I rev the engines and blow her out. Then I put her away. :)

(Seriously, no. No fogging oil, no antifreeze. I just run her a few times in the 'off' season and change the plugs and oil.)

Same here @tdonoughue -
Do you winterize your boat?

Who else dosen't winterize there boat?

I do not. Its supposed to be almost 70 here today. I thought I was going to the boat show in Charleston SC today but everyone is sick but me so I may take the boat out today.

I was sure wanting to take the boat out yesterday, but it was just too dam windy. It made it into the 80's here, but with a S/SW wind at 15-25 and gusting over 30 it was a no go. My wife and I still enjoyed the outdoors however with a round of Frisbee golf without the kids. We went to a nice late lunch too! It was our day-date! Her parents kept the kids for us so that part was free.

Well I did make it out today. First time flying the DJI Phantom 3 from the boat. It was a little more difficult then I expected.

Yesterday my wife said "it's going to be 80 degrees tomorrow, we should take the boat out"
I had everything lined up in my mind and a smile on my face then she said "but Jackson (son) has that birthday party to go to".
Stupid birthday parties:-/

Yesterday my wife said "it's going to be 80 degrees tomorrow, we should take the boat out"
I had everything lined up in my mind and a smile on my face then she said "but Jackson (son) has that birthday party to go to".
Stupid birthday parties:-/
If it's not birthdays it's sports related event whether it's practice or a game. We would have gone out on Saturday had the wind not been blowing 30mph!

If it's not birthdays it's sports related event whether it's practice or a game. We would have gone out on Saturday had the wind not been blowing 30mph!
My boy is playing basketball, when the schedule came out the coach said "we got lucky, all of our games are on Saturdays". That doesn't sound lucky to me, every game is either at 1:00 or 2:00. I love watching them play and all but that 30 minute game right in the middle of the day sure messes up trying to do anything else for the weekend!

My boy is playing basketball, when the schedule came out the coach said "we got lucky, all of our games are on Saturdays". That doesn't sound lucky to me, every game is either at 1:00 or 2:00. I love watching them play and all but that 30 minute game right in the middle of the day sure messes up trying to do anything else for the weekend!

Ah... But in a few years, when he does not even want to go out on the boat with you (can I take my friends out on it? really, you don't need to come), you will be very glad you took him to those games...

Affectionately,
an old person

Ah... But in a few years, when he does not even want to go out on the boat with you (can I take my friends out on it? really, you don't need to come), you will be very glad you took him to those games...

Affectionately,
an old person
Oh, I hear ya. I do cherish every moment I get to spend with them, and I love that he likes basketball, it's my favorite sport. I was afraid he would be all into soccer

Back