• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Got some goodies out of my drain plug today!

Drexx3

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Boat was on a service rack this weekend and got a lot of rain. I noticed the rack had the boat nose down so a lot of water was pooling in the bow/anchor locker.
Had it on a rack again today, bow up, and decided to open the drain plug after reading a lot on here about how much water accumulates below the level of the bilge pump. A ton of water drained. When I first pulled the plug I noticed the water was being disturbed and closer inspection showed something was caught in the drain hole. Pulled out a curly metal shaving. Then another one, and another one, and another. Plus some other gunk. A bunch of slivers laying on the ground as well. Here's a pic of all the goodies...
Drain_Plug_Goodies.png

Boat was on a service rack this weekend and got a lot of rain. I noticed the rack had the boat nose down so a lot of water was pooling in the bow/anchor locker.
Had it on a rack again today, bow up, and decided to open the drain plug after reading a lot on here about how much water accumulates below the level of the bilge pump. A ton of water drained. When I first pulled the plug I noticed the water was being disturbed and closer inspection showed something was caught in the drain hole. Pulled out a curly metal shaving. Then another one, and another one, and another. Plus some other gunk. A bunch of slivers laying on the ground as well. Here's a pic of all the goodies...
View attachment 111869

Seems to be the norm unfortunately...... ?‍♂️?‍♂️

You are now 50% there with the Yamaha new boat baptism. Your next achievement to unlock is "what is this thing coming out of my exhaust?". Only then will the Yamaha baptism be complete. ;)

Congrats but you are not done, this stuff keeps coming for a while ..... Yamaha needs to fire the guy responsible for the drilling operation that creates the metal shavings! I am almost certain he/she is supposed to remove the stuff!

After a year, I still find stuff behind the drain plug...it’s like a piñata there, every time I move the boat new surprises and goodies show up...?

Back