• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Got to love Costco

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We just returned from a camping weekend during which we confirmed that the inflatable sup we purchased online from Costco has developed a slow leak. I took it to my local Costco yesterday expecting them to say I was out of luck but instead she said, after finding the purchase in costCo’s records (I had no receipt nor the box it came in just a wet sup the paddle and the storage bag), “should I put the money back on your card or do you want a store credit?”

$547, I took it in a credit and am now on the fence about buying another isup (one foot longer at 11’ and with bungee straps to carry gear/hold the paddle) from Costco for $400. We just don’t get a lot of use out of it and probably only blew the one I returned less than 8 times in 4 seasons.

Still I love Costco if I could buy a Jetboat or pwc from them I definitely would.

PS , I forgot to mention that the sup was purchased in late 2014.

image.jpg

Last edited:

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Costco is great! They've taken care of us a number of occasions and it's always a great experience. We've purchased several pieces of furniture over the past few years and have yet to be disappointed.

mdchachi

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
As long as it doesn't hurt their bottom line they'll keep going with the generous return policy. I worked at a regional Walmart-like store years ago (before Walmart was a national chain) that was like that. One time we had a lady "return" an obviously homemade dress. The customer service manager took it and gave her some money or store credit for it. Then they put it on the rack and it actually sold! I don't think they follow the customer is always right policy any more. Too many people abusing the system.

boudin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I love Costco as well. I have several friends that swear by their car buying program. Costco will negotiate a price with the dealer that you and I could never do.

-Greg

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You must have been wearing your litigious lawyer hat when you returned it @Ronnie. :)