• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Gouge damage

Southernerd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My dock bumper popped off during a storm and left a lag bolt that did a number on my boat. Probably 15 or 20 deep gouges that will have to be repaired. I. The meantime, is there something I can use to fill in the gouges until I can arrange for professional repair/gelcoat?

Pictures help. If you chipped out the gelcoat down to raw fiberglass you will want to keep water out of the fiberglass by sealing it with a clear epoxy. I keep West Systems 105/207 2-part epoxy on the shelf for many purposes, this is one. You want the fiberglass to be dry for the final repair.
You don't want to use something like 3M 4200/5200. These products will create more work for the gelcoat repair person. If the damage is only at the gelcoat, not into the glass, don't worry about it until the end of the season, but I can understand yours will last all Winter.

Last edited:
Back