• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

GPS

Wakejunkies

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Looking for help with 2018 212x GPS. Stopped working with around 8 hours total on the boat
Dealer has no answer. It’s been over 3 weeks now

Maillis

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Can you be more specific? Is the touch screen not working? Is it not showing your speed or location? Do you have any pictures or video of the problem?

Whisky

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I would assume the dealer did this.... but I’ve also been let down before...

- Check all connections
- Trace wires, look for pinches, rubs, etc

On a more basic level, how was the GPS not working discovered? On the water? By chance, it wasn’t tried, and hasn’t been tested since when in a shop, under a cover, or near a large clump of trees?

Wakejunkies

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
It was working fine. However after my service I discovered no speedo, clock or location when we took it out on the water. We have about 25 hrs on it now still no GPS. we have gone through all the simple fixes connections, damaged wires ect. Still nothing.
Dealer did a reset to factory settings. Still nothing
Everything else works great

Maillis

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Maybe a bad GPS antenna?

Wakejunkies

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Any idea on how test that?

Whisky

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Probably not user servicable, but I would expect the dealer could get you one to try... I believe it is located under the white some infront of your windshield.

If they have one you could potentially just disconnect the current one and plug a new one in to test if the wiring allows for it.