• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Grand Cayman

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Anyone ever been here? The old ladies work just approved an all expense paid trip there for her and I so she gets some certification/ (IDGAF) about the cert just like the free vaca. We are staying at the Westin on 7 mile beach. Any pointers/tips/do's, and dont's ?

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We were just there last year. But we arrived on a Carnival cruise ship, so we were not there for more than half a day. But we did the excursion where you swim with the sting rays in Sting Ray Cove. It was an awesome experience and the water was crystal clear. The excursion company we used was Don Foster's Dive. They were completely awesome and I'd highly recommend using them if you decide to do this. There was some shopping and stuff near the port, but can't tell you much other than that.

arew~SX230

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you are a diver, or have ever wanted scuba dive, it is one of the meccas for it. I'm sure there are plenty of operators who offer resort courses.

Sting Ray city or the like is a must

Topside, the town of Hell is interesting, so is the turtle farm.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Went there on a Carnival cruise ship on our honeymoon 16 years ago and we sat on the beach and shopped a little. I parasailed for the first and only time and it was amazing. My bride however, freaked! It was a neat little town full of banks is all I can remember. Enjoy your trip!

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It's been a long time since I have been down there (when I was a teenager), but I remember a few things...
  • Go diving as much as you can/want. It's simply awesome down there! Even if you just do a resort course, do it.
  • Stingray city was fun, diving for conch shells from the boat that took us out there was more fun I thought.
  • One day we rented a jeep and drove to the north side of the island to a random public beach. That was some of the coolest snorkeling I have ever done. We had the whole beach to ourselves, water was calm, the water/reef was full of fish. If I remembered the spot on the map I would send it over, but it's been too long, so just ask the locals and do some searching yourself to find one.
  • The town of Hell is pretty much a tourist trap, so if you know that going in you won't be disappointed... Just don't plan on spending too much time there.
  • The submarine trip in georgetown was cool. I think you only go down about as deep as you would scuba diving, so if you go diving you might not have to do this. IDK, it was pretty cool to do though.
Sorry that's all I remember, have a great trip!

Port0222

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We went there in September of last year and stayed at the Westin. One tip that some friends of our gave us was rent a car. Parking is free at the westin -- and a taxi too and from the airport will be the same as a car for the week. They do drive on teh opposite side of the road, but you will pick it up. That allows you to explore the island and go to some nicer restaurants. I agree with all the sentiments about diving. we did 9 dives during our week trip. For sure do the Kittiwake -- Purposely sunk ship for diving. We also did the north wall a couple times and that was cool as well -- overall -- some amazing diving! Redsail Sports offers some diving packages that include a sunset sail and night dives -- And we recommend them. They have some great gear and boats (vs. the smaller 6-pack boats. They pick you up right at the westin which is nice too. Agreed about stingray city! well worth it. -- And Trinity caves is An AWESOME dive site! -- here is the video of our trip.

I can offer a lot more advice if you would like as I had the same trip 9 month ago. Reasturants, etc. Just ask and I will rattle off as much as you want to hear.

when are you going? Finally -- if you don't have a GoPro -- Get one for this trip!

Enjoy!