• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Great summer, lots of boating with variety.

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I live for boating in the hot summer. In a few of the years past we simply didn't get on the water enough to satisfy me. This year has been much better.

I haven't counted but we may have had the boat on the water 15-20 times so far this summer. We've been out four times in the past 14 days alone. Each trip out is different than the last - all enjoyable.

We have two local lakes and have been on both. Shasta Lake offers long stretches where we can cruise for an hour or two just enjoying the ride. It also offers lots of coves and parts of the lake at different angles to the wind so we can always find flat water. The water has been clear and warm. Great fun.

Most of our boating has been on Whiskytown Lake which is tiny compared to Shasta, but it is large enough for great boating. Aside from the lake itself they way we make use of the lake varies each time depending on the mix of people we are with.

Some days we set up at the beach, by car, at Brandy Beach, bring the Stand Up Paddle boards (iSUPs), kayak, chairs, etc. and meet up with other families. I launch the boat and back it up to the shore for occasional rides to tow adults or children on the tubes, knee board, or wake board. Other days we just launch and spend the whole day on the boat without making use of the beach.

On 'boat only' days we will also do some tubing but a lot of the time is at anchor just enjoying the cool water, kids play on the inflated tube tethered to the boat, we eat lunch and just relax. Same boat, same lake, different experience.

I've also taken 5 adult men out and gave them the ride of their life on the tube. They nicknamed me, "The Punisher," because they came back with smiles on their face but are sore the next day. These days are maximum run-time days where I tend to burn the most gas.

We also met up with friends on Shasta lake for two days. They rented three houseboats and brought a bunch of jet skis along. This again provided another form of boating.

My seven-year-old, who wouldn't ride the tube last year, is quite happy for radical tubing this year.

What a great summer this is... and it's not over!

I hope your summer has been as good.