• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Greetings Everyone

Xcavor

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
New 2018 AR210 owner here. Havent even put it in the water yet but eagerly awaiting. Just wondering if anyone uses the Navionics app (or any other chart plotting app) for their phone or tablet when boating rather than a fish finder/GPS combo. I understand that Navionics maps are the same used in the major fish finder/GPS units.

Thank you,
Xcavor

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Glad to have you on board,
is this your first boat?
where will you be boating?

many use the navionics but if you need to depend on a course the screen can be hard to read while trying to drive the boat,

Xcavor

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Its our first boat but we have had jet skis for a while.
We will be boating out of Webster, MA. Home of Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg or just Webster Lake.
We also plan to occasionally boat around Cape Cod and Martha's Vineyard which is why im wondering if the tablet using the Navionics app would be good enough.

Joshua Miller

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
I use navionics on my phone. Installed a mount on my dash to hold the phone and it’s good enough to navigate around the lakes and rivers I frequent. Probably not good enough for out in the ocean..