• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ha ha how lucky am I ?

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
After dropping my kids phone into the deep. dark tannic water today, it got worse. Driving 20 miles home around 10 pm, I pulled in the driveway and found our favorite tube missing. No way this water ladened, deflated tube could fly out of the boat, correct? Especially when I did not drive more than 45 mph? Could I have left in on the dock? One way to find out........20 miles back to the dock, at midnight, while scanning the highway. No luck on the trip, and no luck on the dock. We turn home, and get to about the 18 mile marker, figuring St. Anthony was sleeping this late at nite. All of sudden, in unison, my princesses and their friends (who wanted to go on the search "adventure") yelled "TUBE!" as I saw it and drove by it at 50 mph. I sped up to the next cross over, banged a U turn, headed back a mile or so and U turned again.....4 lane country road with a barrier. Luckily, no trucks or cars were coming, I hit the brakes, jumped out of the van, tossed the Storm Tube in, with its 60 foot tail still attached! All good.......Lost a cell phone and almost lost a tube......but hey, the tube is more fun, right?

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Pretty lucky on the tube. Unlucky on the phone but that probably isn't the first. I remember when my kid went to the bathroom and dropped his in the toilet. He was really upset and came to get me since he didn't see putting his hand in the toilet as an option. That phone didn't work again and he was scarred from this.

I saw your other post on the boat problem and I hope you get lucky with a fix for that.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nice find! Good spotters!

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Good recovery on the tube. Sorry to hear about the phone though. Hopefully you're due for an upgrade.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Nice recovery!!!!! Glad to hear of a semi happy ending.