• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

Hangtyte Mooring Cover System

Shookie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Bought the Hangtyte system at the end of the 2021 season and finally installed it this morning. LOVE IT!

Learned about this from @swatski in a different thread and a few others use it too.

First, you have to breathe deep and cut 1-2 holes in your cover. For my 242, 2 holes for me

83D4177E-32EA-4EFB-86BA-26A83733F530.jpeg
I read in a thread on here about someone using a sealant to help prevent fraying of the fabric. I bought some stuff called Fray Check on Amazon and put it on both sides of the cover just in case. I don’t know how much it will help but why not…

35AD2118-2562-47E1-A5FF-F833C04A5FFE.jpeg

Put the pieces in each hole and tightened them up. The system is made to attach to the tower rope hook (not sure what the real name of that thing is) and I worried about the angle of the rope from the bow to the tower. So I wanted to try and get as close to the front of the tower as I could. I have some heavy duty Velcro straps and figured I would try one of them. Put it on at the house and left the cover off to head to the lake.

F5C4A269-5AE3-40B7-B3ED-3FDDF71AABC6.jpeg

after some lake time, parked the boat in its spot and put on the cover. My god it was so much easier than the poles. The nylon straps on my poles is wearing out, shedding, and it’s just in the way. Hooked it up, tossed the ropes to the side so I could reach from the ground and that was it. Pulled them right and that was it. Even got a head nod from my wife! 352B1E72-D796-491A-80BD-6243DBDFEADD.jpegAF727FFA-A1BF-47F6-9190-44B3C5F87F89.jpeg

I'd probably make those holes with heat. Heat up a socket of the right size with a torch and then burn the holes in. I bet it'd stop the fraying right off the bat.

Or, it'd light the whole cover on fire. One of the two.

Easily one of my favorite purchases for this boat. I didn't bother with trying to prevent fraying, 4 years in and no issues.

Easily one of my favorite purchases for this boat. I didn't bother with trying to prevent fraying, 4 years in and no issues.
Good to hear on that. I doubt I’ll trailer with mine connected.... not sure I want that wind abuse going 70 down the highway. Need to get a big beach ball for the bow

I trailer with my hangtyte connected but it wasn’t cut in since it came stock with my Moomba’s cover. I think as long as you can prevent fraying you will be fine. Even better if you can sew or know someone if you wanted it like it would come. No issues at highway speeds. Love the system and soooo much better than poles.

Last edited:
We use a hot knife to cut and melt/seal the threads. You can use a solder gun in a pinch. We use it to seal many projects.

Same here!

Back