• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hard time planing out and cavitation on acceleration

Aslockcuff

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hard time planing out with 2008 AR210 unless lots of weight in the bow.. Cavitation on acceleration and really hard time pulling tube/wake board. Is this normal for the AR210. Seems I should be able to pull better.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nope.

Recommend you pull the pump and see what is going on. See the FAQ for instructions. It could be anything from debris in the pump to a chewed up impeller to missing caulk in the jet pathway. Any of those will cause you cavitation issues like that.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
how long has this been going on?
has it gradually gotten worse or was it a sudden change ?

do you keep the boat on a trailer, in the water or on a lift?

many times members will suck something up, it doesn't go through the impeller and just floats causing problems, when you load the boat on the trailer it falls out with the water and everything looks good and the problem magically goes away,

Aslockcuff

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
how long has this been going on?
has it gradually gotten worse or was it a sudden change ?

do you keep the boat on a trailer, in the water or on a lift?

many times members will suck something up, it doesn't go through the impeller and just floats causing problems, when you load the boat on the trailer it falls out with the water and everything looks good and the problem magically goes away,

It's kind of always done this. I keep it on a lift

NoFla21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Take a picture of the grates under the boat. I bet you have a gap somewhere missing adhesive, which is causing the bad cavitation.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
how long have you owned the boat ?
how many hours are on it ?
have you ever looked at the impellers ?

you really need to get underneath, make sure the intake grate is clear,

my first guess would be your impellers, as mentioned above pulling them is usually an easy 15-20 minute job (sometimes mine are hard to get back in trying to get the shaft splines lined up)

I've had missing silicone in the jet pump but the cavitation it caused was loud and shaking the engine and boat, in my case the silicone even though it was still there had lost adhesion and I (or the suction of the jet) could easily pull it away from the hull allowing air in,