• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Has anybody converted thier ballast pump to be a raw water wash down system

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was thinking I could put in a three way valve, and convert my ballast pump to be a raw water wash down system? only question is how well the pump works.. I know I would have to put a 4 way valve where the water comes in and is split to the two bags..

Any ideas or thoughts?

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
That's a cool thought. T off the line after the pump, so it closes toward ballast and opens towards nozzle. Could make a line like a quick connect like the flush system.....hmmmmmmmm

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
It would have to be a hose without the nozzle or the pressure would blow the line apart also. so a nozzle free flowing maybe.....

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Another problem.....the pumps work off a timer I believe.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I tried to use a ballast pump for a portable electric water gun once, It didn't work at all. Just not enough pressure to push the water out with any force. I think the steam was maybe 3 feet long. Switched to a 3 gpm wash down pump from west marine, problem solved with a stream of over 20 feet. The out put on both was the same, part of a garden hose.

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What if you t off the inlet line to a dedicated pump before the ballast pump? At least you wouldn't be drilling another hole in the boat...

djsquid

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@kthrash I did what you are considering. Here is my thread about it. And it works well, I have a 15ft length of hose that I screw onto the garden hose nipple that i have routed out behind the port seatback on the swimdeck. No new holes to drill. I just reach up behind the seatback and pull the hose end out and screw on the garden hose and hit the ballast pump switch and water flows at about 10 gallons per minute. I just use my thumb to increase the spray pressure for wash down. And I love the side selectable ballast for surfing.
https://jetboaters.net/threads/my-solution-to-ballast-tank-selection.5349/

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@djsquid, this is exactly what I was thinking of doing less the removable ballest tanks.. Thanks.