• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Has anyone added Thrust Vector XVs to their 2015

Fred123

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
just wondering if the addition would further improve handling, or is it overkill given the new keel.

Has anyone considered them?

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well this was posted a few month back. Anyone add them yet? Just wondering how much difference they make with the 24' 15's. Videos would be great!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@subysti JBP has a video comparison they did of the articulating keel with and without TV's versus previous hull design boat with TV's.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think I saw that but I'm guessing they may be a hit biased. Was wondering if someone has actually done it yet. Like to see the difference on a 15 with and without them. That video is tough because you can't really see what the drivers are doing and how the boat reacts.

Last edited:

ArmyChief

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Had them installed on my 2015 AR192...which does NOT have articulating keel

john94si

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes i installed them at 5 hours. So much better for slow speed maneuvering
2015-05-02 20.01.53.jpg

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well I'm getting them Dealer said he would put them on for free to keep me happy.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
just wondering if the addition would further improve handling, or is it overkill given the new keel.
Has anyone considered them?
Yes ! Wouldn't leave the dock without 'em !
Cheap at TWICE the price !
Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Well I'm getting them Dealer said he would put them on for free to keep me happy.
For those who might be considering these, and want to do this themselves, the installation is EXTREMELY easy and takes maybe a 1/2 hour or less.
It uses all EXISTING Yamaha hardware. Nothing new to drill, modify, etc.
Best Wishes, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

Knot Practical

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know these will help with low speed performance, but what about top speeds. Will it slow the boat down any? How' s the steering at high speed will it turn just as easy with the thrust vectors?

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think I saw that but I'm guessing they may be a hit biased. Was wondering if someone has actually done it yet. Like to see the difference on a 15 with and without them. That video is tough because you can't really see what the drivers are doing and how the boat reacts.
I agree. Also, it would be nice to see if there is a noticeable difference in maneuverability when in neutral.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well I will find out in a couple days. BIG thanks to G&R Marine for these. They will do anything to keep their customers happy.Thrust vectors.jpg

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well I will find out in a couple days. BIG thanks to G&R Marine for these. They will do anything to keep their customers happy.View attachment 24579
Hey @subysti , you're a pretty technical guy, so what do you think about the resistance/interference that the crossbraces (connecting the two fins) will create?

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I can't see them being an issue at all. The smaller front rod has a smaller surface area than the actual fins themselves and the larger flat piece will be more like a hydrofoil. At slow speeds it will be down and no problem but at higher speeds it will cause the fins to lift up and then it will be running flat straight through the water. Don't forget the thrust vectors are spring loaded and will move up at higher speeds.

Jade63

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I would be interested in your thoughts after you run it for the weekend. I want to pull the trigger on this, but the more I operate my boat the more I feel comfortable with it. I keep it in a slip and back into it after every outing. Happy 4th all!!

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok I tried them for the first time today. Here is a quick video of them, I hope

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3x1Qx93PBlU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@subysti - I have just found my Christmas present - thank you

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Has anyone told you you kinda sound like David Lettermen? Great video.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
David letterman? Never. That's a first.

jwells

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I never took mine out without them but I gotta think they help a little bit. my slip can be a little complicated when the wind is blowing hard and that has been the biggest difference I have had with this boat it really blows them around easy and especially when the top is up which is almost always with me. The other thing that I wandered about before I bought it was did it turn when you first back out of the throttle or really power sown fast and for me the answer was no if you go from speed to really needing to back down fast there is no handling I kinda expeted this as I have had jet ski's in the past it is something I try to always remember.