• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Has anyone considered building...

Ntlange

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
I have been day dreaming about building and using a portable dock for my boat. The 2 lakes I will be boating at i shore camp and don't have any docks to park my boat at over night or when not in use and I don't want to beech it. I know I can anchor it just a few feet off shore but a dock would keep everything dry when boarding. I found a video on YouTube of guys building docks with blue plastic barrels. Build a couple sections then I can un pin and store in the back of my toy hauler camper to pack it to and from the lake. Drive some rods down the sides of the dock for stability and tie it off to the shore for security in case of a wind storm.

I would just need check with all of the millions of government agencies who think it matters to them and see if they have and rules or regs against them

What do you guys think.

I have considered building a floating dock, registering it as a home made boat and anchoring it beside our neighborhood boat ramp. It would make the ramp so much better to use and avoid the $400 permit for a dock.

I have a similar want for when we go camping. I have been looking at portable docs etc. and they have a neat inflatable system in Austrailia. I have thought about those floating inflatable mats but when researching the weight limit, they would not be ideal for us portly types... I was lookingfor something that could be transported in the bed of my truck or better yeat on the boat trailer itself...

I have a toy hauler with no toys I can use to pack my portable dock. I think I can have the sections 10 feet long. Build a dolly with large wheels so one person can roll the sections down to the water. Pin the sections together on a hinge for flexibility. If I build one I'll document it and post it here but it is just a day dream for now.

Back