• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Has anyone eliminated the fresh water tank?

Merlion

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Interesting topic, I actually came out of a 2011 242 LS and it had the water tank, which I used often. The spray is a little weak.

When I got my new AR240 I knew I wanted some sort of wash down so I did some searching and came across this neat little sucker.....its called the spraybox

I'm getting it installed next week permanently but when I used it this summer with the gator clips to the battery on the boat it worked great it shoots far....100 psi I think and has multiple settings. Its 6 gal, with a 25ft hose and should spray about 7-10 min depending on use. Since I can take it out easily I think it should do the trick. Will post pics once its finally installed. View attachment 66930
Where you able to get this installed? Can you share some picures? Tks

Jaylex

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Where you able to get this installed? Can you share some picures? Tks
Yes, its been installed for a couple years now and I love it!!

Having a long enough hose means I can rinse the entire boat down, and its not just a small trickle of water which comes in handy, and the spray nozzel has a few settings which gives you options, for a gentle rinse or a jet of water.

Im able to get 2-4 trips out of the tank before I need to refill and I typically use the spot free water to help when I use it to rinse the boat right after taking it out, before wipping it down..

Fits nicely in the rear and can still get some other stuff back there. Installer added a switch in same compartment for on/off.

Researched a ton of options and for the money and use this was the best option for me.

20180407_143150.jpg

Merlion

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yes, its been installed for a couple years now and I love it!!

Having a long enough hose means I can rinse the entire boat down, and its not just a small trickle of water which comes in handy, and the spray nozzel has a few settings which gives you options, for a gentle rinse or a jet of water.

Im able to get 2-4 trips out of the tank before I need to refill and I typically use the spot free water to help when I use it to rinse the boat right after taking it out, before wipping it down..

Fits nicely in the rear and can still get some other stuff back there. Installer added a switch in same compartment for on/off.

Researched a ton of options and for the money and use this was the best option for me.

View attachment 120367
Looks awesome. I looked up in their website but they don't seem to have the size tank you have. The one they advertise is The Spray Box Mini but the measuremtns are 10" X 22" "8". Seems a little long for that compartment. Do you kno what size tank you have? and if I could locate it somewhere else? this is exactly what I need. tks!

....this is the one they are advertising nowScreen Shot 2020-05-26 at 12.42.38 PM.png