• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

has anyone fit a 21 footer in a standard 2 car garage?

We are looking at moving, or potentially land and a new build. I had always though of building a barn or standalone boat garage. This has now piqued my interest, never thought of trying to do this specifically attached but separate from a normal two car garage.
I have always wondered why builders have not kept up with the times when it comes to garage openings. Most of us can't get our two SUV's in a 3 car garage because of width. And don't even get me started on why a simple 1500 tow rig won't fit? If you build, please ask the builder to bring your garage opening up to the demands of the 2000's so that the rest of us may someday benefit.

yea sucks we are building now and they won't change the garage height so I'm stuck with 7ish and we have no land to build a shop on so wife wins this one but.... I might have a plan LOL

Look into a power mover if maneuvering in a tight spot with your tow vehicle is an issue.

Look into a power mover if maneuvering in a tight spot with your tow vehicle is an issue.
^^^^^^ I second this. I use the Trailer Valet XL with the optional bolt on bracket to maneuver the boat and trailer into the corner of the garage. I found that the bracket option is needed for boats as the tongue weight isn't quite high enough. I will post a picture if needed. By being able to move it anywhere it gives me way more room in the garage for other crap. :)

I found a motorhome unit 35’ X 12’ for $150.00 a month no deposit. Concrete floor, clean, metal walls, TALL roll up door and on the route from my house to the lake. Gas station 1/4 mile east easily assessable. It has one 110 volt outlet. It is gated along with security cameras.
With boat in, plenty of room behind it for storage.
Yes, I did shop around in town which drove price up. When I picked up boat at sealer and mentioned the price, he stated that was cheap.
True one can build an addition on homestead property and be paid for in five years but property taxes will rise and appraisal district will love it.
They had a 45’ X 12’ available at same time for the same price but it didn’t appeal to me.

Or just mount a winch to the garage floor slab. That is what someone else on here did.

If you’re ever building a detached garage for a boat I wouldn’t stop at 10’ if you can help it. Being able to back in with the tower up and never having to mess with a tower is soooo worth it! I’d shoot for 12-14’ if you can swing it in the build.

Just curious to see if anyone has been able to fit a 21 footer into their standard 2 car garage. If so, what did you have to do to make it fit?

I currently have my SX195 in my garage (at a slight angle), however we are thinking of upgrading to a 21 foot FSH (non-T-top version) however due to HOA the boat will have to be in the garage or stored elsewhere, and I would rather keep it in my garage if I can make it fit. Any advise/tips you can provide for making it fit would be greatly appreciated
No way...Even with the tower down, its 3” too tall. My garage isn’t deep enough either. I can’t even back it in to work on it. Bummer

i got my 21 fsh into my 7’ garage door bay. i took off the tower, and plan to store it off until we buy a place with a slip or for long trips i’ll put it on. also have to take off the winshield but that’s easy. i also took the seat out, but not sure if that is needed. i plan to modify the seat to make this easier.

^^^^^^ I second this. I use the Trailer Valet XL with the optional bolt on bracket to maneuver the boat and trailer into the corner of the garage. I found that the bracket option is needed for boats as the tongue weight isn't quite high enough. I will post a picture if needed. By being able to move it anywhere it gives me way more room in the garage for other crap. :)
Hey @Levi Weatherford what do you mean the tongue weight is too low? How does that affect it?

I’m looking to get one of these and was thinking the XL model would be nice specifically because it does not need to be bolted on and can be used for other trailers.

Do you think it will push a 21’ Yamaha up a standard garage floor incline (about 5” over 25’)?

Online reviews are mixed.

Hey @Levi Weatherford what do you mean the tongue weight is too low? How does that affect it?

I’m looking to get one of these and was thinking the XL model would be nice specifically because it does not need to be bolted on and can be used for other trailers.

Do you think it will push a 21’ Yamaha up a standard garage floor incline (about 5” over 25’)?

Online reviews are mixed.
So, without the tongue attachment, normally a boat trailer loaded somewhat correctly doesn’t have enough weight on the tongue for the amount of weight that the Valet is trying to move. The Trailer Valet wants to “walk” out from under the trailer coupler. Not only can you not move the boat it causes damage to to ball coupler on the trailer too. I called Trailer Valet complaining about how much of a piece of crap this thing was. The lady on the phone explained about the Trailer Valet needing tongue weight to work correctly and pointed me to their “new” attachment that puts the trailer valet more towards the rear of the boat. Since I have installed this I have no complaints. I love it now. If you have a lighter trailer or a camper with alot more tongue weight you could use just the ball attachment on the trailer’s coupler. The attachment stays on the trailer. All you do is pin the Trailer Valet to the attachment like you would pin the ball attachments to it. I will get some pics of mine but here is the link to it.

And yes, I think you will be fine pushing it into the garage incline you described. You can use a drill or the hand crank. I normally just hand crank it around.

So, without the tongue attachment, normally a boat trailer loaded somewhat correctly doesn’t have enough weight on the tongue for the amount of weight that the Valet is trying to move. The Trailer Valet wants to “walk” out from under the trailer coupler. Not only can you not move the boat it causes damage to to ball coupler on the trailer too. I called Trailer Valet complaining about how much of a piece of crap this thing was. The lady on the phone explained about the Trailer Valet needing tongue weight to work correctly and pointed me to their “new” attachment that puts the trailer valet more towards the rear of the boat. Since I have installed this I have no complaints. I love it now. If you have a lighter trailer or a camper with alot more tongue weight you could use just the ball attachment on the trailer’s coupler. The attachment stays on the trailer. All you do is pin the Trailer Valet to the attachment like you would pin the ball attachments to it. I will get some pics of mine but here is the link to it.
Thank you!

If I have to connect the damn thing anyway I’m wondering if I’d be better off just getting the cheaper bolt on version and saving $400 vs. the XL and optional bracket.

I would go with the XL and attachment. It is a much heavier duty setup. It takes no time to unpin it when you get trailer attached to tow vehicle.

My SX210 fits in my garage but like most have said, your biggest issue will be height of your door, especially if you buy a boat with a tower.
What is the height of your garage door?

I guess I’m a dumbass and didn’t really understand what you were saying here, TWO YEARS AGO.

I struggled with this Trailer Valet XL for a looong time and was about done with it when I finally saw the bracket on sale and bought it.

100% night and day difference. It works great now that it is held in a solid vertical position all the time. It was completely dangerous and useless with the original ball mount - they shouldn’t even sell them that way.

Only potential issue is making sure you have enough clearance on your trailer to turn the Valet enough for your needs. Mine is somewhat limited in one direction but it works with my setup.

IMG_7812.jpeg

that's a big improvement. i had a trailer valet for help getting travel trailer and our old boat (single axle) into carport together. it worked well enough until we got the yammie. the ufp coupler tongue on the new shorelander trailer protruded down from the housing a bit, which kept the valet's ball 'plate' from snugging up flush & tight to the bottom of the coupler housing. i had to turn the trailer into the spot, backing in, pushing against the tandam axles was super wonky. pulling out was easier. i never considered more tongue wt helping out. i didn't have to fold the tongue, so i could have mounted nearer the coupler and had more turning range.

I guess I’m a dumbass and didn’t really understand what you were saying here, TWO YEARS AGO.

I struggled with this Trailer Valet XL for a looong time and was about done with it when I finally saw the bracket on sale and bought it.

100% night and day difference. It works great now that it is held in a solid vertical position all the time. It was completely dangerous and useless with the original ball mount - they shouldn’t even sell them that way.

Only potential issue is making sure you have enough clearance on your trailer to turn the Valet enough for your needs. Mine is somewhat limited in one direction but it works with my setup.

View attachment 219926
Glad you got it figured out. I was “done” with it too until I figured the tongue weight issue out. The Valet works like a dream now. Especially with a cordless drill.

Back