• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hasn't been great so far...

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You all remember I ask about going to Mexico and we, my wife and I, decided to go to The Royal in Playa del Carmen. So far I've been up for almost 24 hours and we are in the Miami airport because our flight from St. Louis was 2.5 hours late getting out of St. Louis. Why would we fly out of St. Louis when we live in Springfield? That's because our flight from Springfield was cancelled due to weather. So we decided to drive to St. Louis, in the snow, and try to get out there. Was lucky enough to get a ticket that was supposed to leave STL at 4:40pm arrive Cancun 11:15. It started out good... got on the plane pilot comes on and lets everyone know that they are about ready to "push back" and de-ice. Nope, they... the crew get a call that their shift is up and we need a new crew. Mind you that everyone was on board and doors shut!! New crew shows up 45 minutes later and we push back and begin the de-icing stage not once, not twice but 4 times!!!! Pilot comes on and announces that in his 25 years of flying with American he has never seen such poor customer service!!! Just before we land in Miami I asked one of the attendants and they say since we missed our connecting flight in Miami that AA would put us up in a hotel, provide shuttle service and get us on the first flight possible. Wrong!! No hotel, no shuttle but we did get on the 9:36am flight for Cancan this morning. I have never slept in an airport before now. Wouldn't have thought it was going to be this noisy... and busy!

This was supposed to be easy... next trip we are driving!!!

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Man I hate to hear it. Hoping you get there soon and have a great time.

Since the problem is weather related and out of their control, the airlines don't have to do anything for you that will cost them money. (yeah, the shift change thing will be ignored, it's all the snows fault)

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Sorry for your troubles but once you get to the Royal it will all be worth the trouble.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Jim, be safe and have a great trip. Of all places, I am getting ready to head out for Banghor, Maine this afternoon for the week. If you had to pick a place that you would not visit because of the cold, this would be one of those spots. Maine?

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Enjoy the trip @jim, your there now! Weather sucks. Just the way that is. And the weather, like it or not, played a big role in why the duty day of the crew was a factor. But I would write a letter anyway, you never know, maybe something would be looked at regarding the crew change delay. I can tell you from the flight deck side of the door, that if your up against the FAR (federal aviation regulations), the crew is already beyond what would be looked at as bright eyed and bushy tailed. And if they are having to go through all that you described, they are as worn out as you are. Weather poses big issues for all airlines, heck...for anybody going from point A to point B. I hate these words, but "it is what it is". I want you to enjoy your trip and turn loose of the issues. I have seen all too often the frazzled customer service rep, the agents, the F/A's, and more. When the delays hit and the backups start, they are worn beyond belief. And really, they are all in the same boat as you, just trying to get through it. I am glad you guys made it to Mexico! Enjoy that place...we cancelled and didn't even go, Clara got montezuma's revenge before we left town, and didn't want to have an intestinal bug before we got there. We had fun, but it just goes to show, things happen that are just beyond our control. And as long as everyone is safe in the end, all is good! Mas Cervesas Por Favor!

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Bummer @Jim Robeson Hopefully you're there already and have thrown a few back by now!!! Enjoy the rest of your trip ;)

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We made it back, safe and sound. Had a great trip, even though it started out a little rough. The resort was gorgeous and the staff was fantastic. Would highly recommend The Royal in Playa Del Carmen. The picture below was taken at the Tulum ruins. Really cool place to visit.
DSCF1377 (2).JPG

Shuck Water

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Awesome! My wife and I are headed to Cancun in 10 days. We love it there, it's the best deal in the Caribbean! We typically stay at a Palace resort because you can always go other Palace resorts in the area and hang out there for a change in scenery.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Welcome home Jim! Glad alls well that ends well!

Master-Spud

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautique
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Welcome back! And I'll 2nd the royal Playa Del Carmen, Amazing resort, I swear any time we left the room for more than 20 min they had it cleaned before we got back in. Was crazy! Great food, Great Drinks and great staff... At least the resort was better than the flight issues down

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Welcome back and glad the trip turned out great. I will x3 the Royal at Play del Carmen, what an amazing resort.

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Welcome back and glad the trip turned out great. I will x3 the Royal at Play del Carmen, what an amazing resort.
We are already looking at trying to go back in November!! Starting in May, there is supposed to have direct flights from Branson, MO to Cancun!! I guess we'll have to wait and see.