• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Have anyone tried this performance part?

IvanS

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I was searching for performance parts for my 13' AR192 and came across with this http://www.magnumtuning.com/en/detail/dyno-boost-boat-performance-chip/yamaha/ar192-sho#reviews
I read a couple of their reviews and even though most of them said it works I didn't see any reviews for a Yamaha Supercharger motor. Im just wondering if this really works (before I pull the trigger) or if there is something out there that really help the performance in our boats. I'm not dissapointed at the performance of my boat but sometimes I wish I had a littler more power/speed.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
It just richens the mixture. Without a wideband o2 sensor you are throwing gas at something with little to no results. Upgrade the intercooler instead.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yeah, pretty much bullshit. Fuel injected engines run on "open loop" when cold. So, fuel is basically added according to IAT (intake air temp) or ECT (engine coolant temp) readings. Extra fuel is added during open loop because these signals are not as accurate, so it errors on the side of rich, which also aids in warming up the 02 sensor faster (02 sensors are more accurate, but have to be hot first), but emissions are alot higher (more fuel = more NOX). Once the 02's are online and reporting, the engine can provide less fuel in "closed loop" and keep emissions numbers much happier. Basically, all this guy is is an adjustable resistor to keep it in open loop and burn more fuel. You could spend a couple dollars on resistors at radio shack and do essentially the same thing. Add an equally inexpensive potentiometer if you want the adjustability.

(I've dumbed this down alot, but thats the basic gist of it)

IvanS

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
LOL, thank you guys! this is exactly why I posted this thread, because I knew you guys were going to point me in the right direction. I think am going to play it safe and my first upgrade is going to be the K&N air filter, and then I will go from there. again..thanks a lot for all you knowledge.