• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Head compartment question for 24 foot owners..

kstrd23

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Hey everyone,

I'm trying to attach the popular shoe holder to the port wall inside the head on a 2017 SX240. I have searched, but can't find info specific to that area. If I have room for some screws to secure it to the wall. If not, I'll go the velcro route. Right now in the picture, it's just on there with velcro temporarily. Thanks!

Attachments

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
As you're looking inside the door, That wall where the TP is in the holder is actually the side of the boat. --> Velcro ONLY there.

In your pic, I haven't put one on the left side wall. My shoe rack holder is on the right side of your pic (closest to the bow). You'll see two buttons on that wall, and if you pop them off, you'll see the screws behind them. You basically then take the shoe rack and fold it over the top of the wall and then replace the screws-on mine, we just put the screws back through the shoe rack. We are on our 4th season and it's holding up fine.

Sorry I don't have any pics, but the boat is at the lake and I'm still at home.

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have one in front of the head as you do and a net on the port side for bumpers and stuff. In both cases, I’m using something like the over the door hanger in the attached pic. These aren’t the specific ones but this gives you an idea. I’m not at my boat to take a pic. I just put these over the dividing boards. I hope this makes sense.

Last edited:

kstrd23

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
As you're looking inside the door, That wall where the TP is in the holder is actually the side of the boat. --> Velcro ONLY there.

In your pic, I haven't put one on the left side wall. My shoe rack holder is on the right side of your pic (closest to the bow). You'll see two buttons on that wall, and if you pop them off, you'll see the screws behind them. You basically then take the shoe rack and fold it over the top of the wall and then replace the screws-on mine, we just put the screws back through the shoe rack. We are on our 4th season and it's holding up fine.

Sorry I don't have any pics, but the boat is at the lake and I'm still at home.
Okay, thanks Matt! I appreciate the fast reply

kstrd23

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I have one in front of the head as you do and a net on the port side for bumpers and stuff. In both cases, I’m using something like the over the door hanger in the attached pic. These aren’t the specific one but thus give you an idea. I’m not at my boat to take a pic. I just put these over the dividing boards. I hope this makes sense.

Thanks, I'll see if I can make them work 👍

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks, I'll see if I can make them work 👍
Check out what Lowe’s has to offer. I use two different types. Both are metal. One is really slim and the other is thicker with a little bend in it.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have an older 242 but doubt anything has changed where the head compartment is concerned. The far wall of the head compartment is thin piece of upholstery material that sits directly against the inside hull. It’s held in place by the fore and aft walls of the compartment. I would not put Any screws into the far wall of that compartment.

kstrd23

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I have an older 242 but doubt anything has changed where the head compartment is concerned. The far wall of the head compartment is thin piece of upholstery material that sits directly against the inside hull. It’s held in place by the fore and aft walls of the compartment. I would not put Any screws into the far wall of that compartment.
Thank you. That's what I was afraid of