• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

hello all

carmen

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
hello everyone I'm new to the forums and hopefully in the next few weeks a Yamaha jet boat owner. can anyone tell me what a good price would be for a 2012 242 limited s , the boat only has 40 hours on it and the dealer is asking 44,500 , what would you all offer for this boat, I have no idea .and what would a good price be below msrp for a brand new 2016 242 limited s

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Welcome to the forum Carmen. You can check the NADA and Craigslist to get an idea. Also take the time to look in the classified section of this forum. I believe there is a 2012 being offered for well below $44,500.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well as far as the new 2016 boat anything under msrp is good. Dealers don't discount these boats at all when new but will include a lot of upgrades for free such as galvanized trailer, covers, bumpers upgraded speakers etc etc For the used boat look at the nada site or browse boat trader, eBay and other sites. Used boats vary a lot depending on what time of year and where it's located. You can get great deals in the north in the fall but down south they tend to hold their value longer. Also non Yamaha dealers tend to want to get rid of them because they know nothing about them. Just my .02.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@carmen you didn't post your location so it tough to say but @Mauimike has a 2015 for sale for 48k in South Carolina in the classifieds also.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome aboard @carmen glad that you found us and best of luck with your search for a new boat. I don't have any current pricing info, but it looks like other guys have already pointed you in the right direction.

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@carmen , you've received great advice so far. I agree that the asking price for the 2012 seems high, but pricing is definitely regional. I think that I recall members picking up new ones for around that price when the new model years hit the lots and the old ones needed to move. I'm going to throw you a curve ball now. If you can find a 2015 for a little more money than a pre-2015, then definitely consider the 2015. I think that the updated design and upgrades are worth the extra $. You might want to PM @Mauimike and @McMark and let them educate you on the subject since they would likely be well versed in the differences between the two generations. I think that @McMark is selling his 2015 AR240 (but I could be mistaken... I'm too lazy to search the forum to make sure).
I have not modified my 2015 AR240, and I'm amazed with how it handles every time I take it out. It turns like it is on rails. I like this type of handling; it is like a Porsche. Others on the forum prefer the more traditional slip/sliding of the earlier generation. In my opinion, they are very different boats, and if you're shopping for a Yamaha jet boat, you should take some time to understand the differences and pick the version that suits your preference before shopping too much. Good luck.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

carmen

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@carmen , you've received great advice so far. I agree that the asking price for the 2012 seems high, but pricing is definitely regional. I think that I recall members picking up new ones for around that price when the new model years hit the lots and the old ones needed to move. I'm going to throw you a curve ball now. If you can find a 2015 for a little more money than a pre-2015, then definitely consider the 2015. I think that the updated design and upgrades are worth the extra $. You might want to PM @Mauimike and @McMark and let them educate you on the subject since they would likely be well versed in the differences between the two generations. I think that @McMark is selling his 2015 AR240 (but I could be mistaken... I'm too lazy to search the forum to make sure).
I have not modified my 2015 AR240, and I'm amazed with how it handles every time I take it out. It turns like it is on rails. I like this type of handling; it is like a Porsche. Others on the forum prefer the more traditional slip/sliding of the earlier generation. In my opinion, they are very different boats, and if you're shopping for a Yamaha jet boat, you should take some time to understand the differences and pick the version that suits your preference before shopping too much. Good luck.
Thanks bud

Big Mo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
hello everyone I'm new to the forums and hopefully in the next few weeks a Yamaha jet boat owner. can anyone tell me what a good price would be for a 2012 242 limited s , the boat only has 40 hours on it and the dealer is asking 44,500 , what would you all offer for this boat, I have no idea .and what would a good price be below msrp for a brand new 2016 242 limited s
Hey @carmen welcome aboard. Im from Louisiana a found a great deal on my 2012 at 37k with 55hrs on her..Im sure this is a rare steal but just a heads up you can find a good deal out there

carmen

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
thanks big mo , I'm still searching , I did find some good boats. I'm going to apply for a loan and see what I qualify for and go from there. and I will see what I can find, thanks for the heads up

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think above all I would recommend patience. All of what everyone says above is right. But the key thing is to be patient and get the right deal at the right time.

I didn't say I was any go0d at this patience or timing thingy. Just saying it is recommended.