• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hello and help

bbar

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
New member. Hope you all can help. I just aquired a 2001 nautica rib jet 10. Nautica is out of business; there is no support, manuals, or schematics that I can find and this thing is a mess. Hoping you guys know where I can get this info. Also, where should I post on this site to get tech help concerning this boat. Thanks.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
:Welcome:

That is a unique tender/rib that you have. The good news is that I belive they used yamaha two stroke jet ski engines/pumps. SBT should have all the parts you need for a rebuild or you could take it to a a backwoods jetski mechanic type that typically have a bunch of carcasses and parts hanging around.

Other boat section may be the best spot for posting. Please post up photos.

bbar

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Thank you. Yes, it is unique. Unfortunately, kind of an orphan too. Yes, it is yamaha powered. One of my problems is that it is missing the jet pump and I'm hoping the pump is some kind of "stock " unit and not something special, but I don't know cause no manuals. Otherwise, it has a yamaha 760 64 x in it (completely disconnected with wires, etc. laying all over the place) but I think that this was a transplant, as the little info I have found so far suggests they came with a 701. I just want to find out what is what and what goes where , then I can form a plan.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thank you. Yes, it is unique. Unfortunately, kind of an orphan too. Yes, it is yamaha powered. One of my problems is that it is missing the jet pump and I'm hoping the pump is some kind of "stock " unit and not something special, but I don't know cause no manuals. Otherwise, it has a yamaha 760 64 x in it (completely disconnected with wires, etc. laying all over the place) but I think that this was a transplant, as the little info I have found so far suggests they came with a 701. I just want to find out what is what and what goes where , then I can form a plan.
There is more variation in the engines than there is in the pumps. Given what you describe I really would find one of those mechanics with a jetski boneyard and a good reputation to get it all back up and running or if you plan to diy to pick their brain with the boat on site for them to look at and buy some good used parts from them. Looking at jetski listings on craigslist is one way to find these types either selling used skis or offering cash for used skis.