• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hello everyone! New here, just got a new boat.

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I just wanted to introduce myself. I’m Darren and I’m not a new jet boat owner. I owned a Seadoo Challenger that I loved. I now have a new Glastron GTS187.

I love jet boats and I’m glad to be a part of this community. I’ve read post on here before when I had my Seadoo, but now that I have a brand new boat, I figured I would “jump in” so to speak.

Thanks for having me!!

Patae

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
These guys know their sh** that's for sure

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Welcome to the forum. Be sure to add your location to your profile so we all know who our neighbors are.

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Welcome to the forum. Be sure to add your location to your profile so we all know who our neighbors are.
Thank you! I'm trying to do that now. BTW, your boat is sick! Absolutely beautiful!!

—Яiвs>

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Beautiful boat in deed. I have nowhere to put something that size so I’m looking at the 19’ to keep in my garage. Once your baby is broke in you’ll have to update on pros vs cons. I’m looking into a Ar195 but like to looks of the Chap just unsure about the mixed manufacturing.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Beautiful boat in deed. I have nowhere to put something that size so I’m looking at the 19’ to keep in my garage. Once your baby is broke in you’ll have to update on pros vs cons. I’m looking into a Ar195 but like to looks of the Chap just unsure about the mixed manufacturing.
I understand. For me length wasn’t huge. I could have even squeezed an 21 footer. It’s width for me as I just have two eight foot wide doors.

I was very please with the Rotax in my past Seadoo boat, so I would have been comfortable with a Chap or Scarab too. I think their both nice looking boats, but they both have 8 foot beams. The small Scarab is like 7’ 1’ at the beam, but it only holds 5. My old Seadoo boat held 5 and we were looking for at least 8 this time boat.

The Chap H2O is only 7 1/2’ at the beam, it holds 11 people which is ridiculous for a 19’ boat too. But that is prop driven and I would have had to try to find an aftermarket trailer that would hold it and fit my garage. The local Chap dealer wasn’t interested in helping me with that.

My Seadoo boat has two motors and it was fast. Those new Chapparal Vortex boats feature two of the motors I now have on my GTS. That’s 500hp and I can’t imagine how fast they are. But two motors is twice the maintenance, twice the worry and twice as expensive.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats on the new boat. She’s a beauty.

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome and congrats!

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Congratulations on the new boat. :Welcome:

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome aboard and congrats on the purchase.

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Thanks everyone. It has been great every time out. I love this site. Great people who love boating.