• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hello from Chile

chileanJK

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Well, today I went to the port to receive the boat, I must say, it has more issues than I tough, so I'll need your help to make it work properly, this are the pictures taking the boat to home:
Airing up the tires:
1addf5ff-fa48-4def-8444-67430a977a18.jpeg
Going home:
cb6f5370-0efa-4122-b709-6659a9b95cf7.jpeg

cfb89107-362e-4702-860e-34cc2be158e9.jpeg
7157f488-2686-4b02-bbf4-abfba9ad3b6c.jpeg

Now, these are problems I found:

- As they took all oil out, they leave the oil dipstick out, and I can't put it back in!! I'm thinking may be it is not from this boat!
Do you guy know how long is the oil dip stick? mine is 21 1/2 inches
- Throttle cable is out of the electric lever and the cover of the cable is damaged, 2 months back order on partzilla
- Blower is making to much noise, almost not working, easy fix, just buy a new 3" blower
- 3 latchs are broken (both on the clean out access and the one on the ski locker)
- Missing supports for the ski locker door and the clean out access
- Broken fire extinguisher support
- Dirty as hell, the engine sound proof broke and is all over the engine.
- Salt water eat the amplifier cable, so can't test audio
- Glove box hinge is shot
- Two spider cracks, for the year, I think it's ok, I suppose it can be repaired
- Found parts I can't identify as parts of the boat, may be you can:

6813b1f8-ec2c-4075-b476-a3c2a24e423f.jpegfc8eb9cc-41ce-4e89-a783-3d0d472bd898.jpeg348f5a10-e024-4c07-aa9b-b4285d2347af.jpeg

thanks for your comments

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Well…. First off, congrats on the boat and I am glad it made it all that way. I was a little skeptical when you shared with us the photo in the shipping container.

As for your questions/findings.
It seems the biggest issue you have noticed was the oil dipstick no seating completely or even filling fitting. The little research I have done online came up blank on the length you are looking for. The other issues seem to be more of an annoyance and can be fixed.
I noticed on the trailer a Riva sticker. Is that where you purchased the boat from? Or maybe the previous owner? Prior to packing and shipping, was there an inspection and write up of any noticeable issues that you have encountered now?

Keep your head up, the little broken items seem to be easily fixable with time, and you will love the boat.

chileanJK

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Well…. First off, congrats on the boat and I am glad it made it all that way. I was a little skeptical when you shared with us the photo in the shipping container.

As for your questions/findings.
It seems the biggest issue you have noticed was the oil dipstick no seating completely or even filling fitting. The little research I have done online came up blank on the length you are looking for. The other issues seem to be more of an annoyance and can be fixed.
I noticed on the trailer a Riva sticker. Is that where you purchased the boat from? Or maybe the previous owner? Prior to packing and shipping, was there an inspection and write up of any noticeable issues that you have encountered now?

Keep your head up, the little broken items seem to be easily fixable with time, and you will love the boat.
Thanks Thermobrett, I know there is always things to repair with boats as you says the dip stick is priority, as I need to test the engine. They make an report, but they didn't send it to me, I spoke with the manager of the company in the morning about several things they should check and told me before sending to Chile so I could buy the items and put it in the boat in Miami and change it here and he told me they will stand behind their service, they will repair the oil dip stick issue, change filter and oil, check the jet pump and change any thing that requires to make the engine and jet pump work properly, minors issues will be at my charge but they will take care of the shipping cost from USA, next Monday they will receive the boat to start working on it.

I already changed blower, changed the gas supports for engine hatch and the missing ski locker and clean out gas suports.

silverJ

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Beautiful boat! How's it now?

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Glad to see a repost on this. I was leaving Jamaica yesterday and was actually thinking about this post as all the boats are imported to the island and was wondering how this boat was doing?

chileanJK

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Well, the company that imported the boat, took all the responsibility for not checking correctly the boat, they used their mechanics and bought all the parts needed to fix the boat's engine, they changed the oil dipstick tube (it had a rubber inside, but they couldn't take it out), clean injectors, repair the impeller new throttle cable, sparks plugs, oil and the engine started correctly!! I had a deep breath once they send me the video with the engine starting!!, they did a deep clean to the boat and make arrangements to test it with me, a few weekends ago, went to the lake started the engine beautifully, BUT!!, the steering froze after trying to maneuver, so we had to take it out and wait a few weeks for the steering cable to arrive, they send me a video this weekend boating in the lake with the steering and engine working properly, I hope this weekend I can put my hands on it finally.

Meanwhile I had collected several parts to install on the boat, dual battery system with DVSR, fuse box, VHF Radio and antenna, Fish finder, openplotter with android tablet and 3D printed a few supports for fishing rods, antenna, transducer install, the season is over on the lake, so I will prepare the boat for sea fishing while the season opens again in September.

While I wait I have been reading you guys every day!! cheers!

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Well, the company that imported the boat, took all the responsibility for not checking correctly the boat, they used their mechanics and bought all the parts needed to fix the boat's engine, they changed the oil dipstick tube (it had a rubber inside, but they couldn't take it out), clean injectors, repair the impeller new throttle cable, sparks plugs, oil and the engine started correctly!! I had a deep breath once they send me the video with the engine starting!!, they did a deep clean to the boat and make arrangements to test it with me, a few weekends ago, went to the lake started the engine beautifully, BUT!!, the steering froze after trying to maneuver, so we had to take it out and wait a few weeks for the steering cable to arrive, they send me a video this weekend boating in the lake with the steering and engine working properly, I hope this weekend I can put my hands on it finally.

Meanwhile I had collected several parts to install on the boat, dual battery system with DVSR, fuse box, VHF Radio and antenna, Fish finder, openplotter with android tablet and 3D printed a few supports for fishing rods, antenna, transducer install, the season is over on the lake, so I will prepare the boat for sea fishing while the season opens again in September.

While I wait I have been reading you guys every day!! cheers!
Glad the shipping company did right and corrected issues for you!

chileanJK

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Well has been a few months since my last post and a few things are going on, first one the season is STARTING!!! by this side of the world!, so I took the boat to the lake and tested it, before I fixed the lights on the trailer(bought new ones from amazon) and added the proper name to it:

TheCroods.jpg

The engine is working beautifully, starts right off, no problems, I think I have a problem with the jet or may be I'm not familiar with jet boats, the jet was repaired by the importer, but I think is better to change the ring and the impeller, I feel it sluggish, work a little too hard to wakeboard, half tank , 2 adults in the boat 1 adult behind the boat an two children but could be my lack of experience with the boat, by far the most maneuverability boat I had!! it is so nice and easy to park it near the dock, really good on that, and the interior usability is great too, lot of space to seat and to store all the items.

Another problem I found is water in the bilge area, I had to leave the bilge on by the night or the water raise to the oil filter level, I fill it with water once I took it out of the water, but found a few drops of water, can be between the transom plate and the transom:

Video

I found a post with all the test to find the culprit so next weekend I will test every thing to find it.

Installed a Rockford Fosgate subwoofer but installed on a box under the bench, I haven't had the guts to make a hole to pass the cables so now are going under the door and two RF amp's, changed the HU for a Kenwood, and the sound is impressive, I don't want to get out of the boat!! hahaha

Obviously had my moments, for example one morning, everyone on the boat and I couldn't start the engine, tried everything, dual batteries check all fuses and nothing, everyone wen't back to the house, then took the phone enter jetboaters.net, searched and there was a checklist and the lever wasn't in neutral!!!:banghead:

But all in all I'm happy with the boat, I will try to import the jet parts before vacations to see if changing them makes any difference.

WhatsApp Image 2023-10-16 at 17.13.56.jpeg

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Nice! Be sure to post lots of pictures. My suggestion is to install a 2nd bilge pump with float switch, hard-wired to the battery, so you have a redundancy.
I would love to bring my AR192 to Colombia, but I can't make it make sense lol