• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hello from Colorado

Webberlander

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hi Folks,

Wanted to quickly introduce myself and my 2018 Yamaha G3. I just recently relocated to Colorado from central Texas (Webberville : hence the play on words for my username). In Texas we took our boat almost daily on the Lower Colorado River. We also frequented Rock Port, Texas to fish out on the flats for Red Fish and other game species.

I picked up my G3 in May of 2020. It was brand new and had stayed at the dealer since being ordered due to two (2) customers backing out. Both not only lost deposits, but they also lost money in the accessories purchased and installed. Unfortunately during this timeframe another customer came in and took (purchased) the 60HPjet motor it was ordered with, and they swapped in the 40hp jet it has today (it’s anF60 jet prop in case you’re curious). Overall though, I came out on top and paid a lot less than I budgeted for!

I absolutely love this boat. It is my 2nd boat but first jet prop. Every time I run it, it is still like the day I purchased it. I’ve tried my best to care for it and perform all required and preventative maintenance. Running the lower Colorado River has taken its toll on the intake and impeller. I’m in the process right now of replacing the liner and trying to salvage the impeller.

I’ll make a new post for some recommendations on the current state of the impeller / sleeve / intake and provide photos.

Anyways, I’m happy to be onboard and thank you for reading!!

A125EA6F-1171-4586-8E6E-1DF749EBAE7A.jpegBA6ACB3F-5863-48A4-BEB8-6C8AEB0A5B43.jpegEC5BC561-9EE0-464B-AAB4-2CFD12C9A33D.jpeg

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
after reading your intro I was expecting sea-doo G3 or something but this is nice, looks like you can run on shallower water than traditional yamaha/brp cause of the aluminum hull.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Sweet boat! I don't know much about those outboard jets - what's the draft need to run it?

Webberlander

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
after reading your intro I was expecting sea-doo G3 or something but this is nice, looks like you can run on shallower water than traditional yamaha/brp cause of the aluminum hull.
Yes indeed this thing can run shallow. The hull is designed with a channel to direct water to the “jet pump”. I have been in 6” of water before on plane where the river in late summer is low. Only way to get to deeper water is to stay in it and on plane.

Sweet boat! I don't know much about those outboard jets - what's the draft need to run it?
Forgive me for not knowing the term. Can you explain? I’ll answer better hopefully.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I have “heard” of people re powering from a 115hp prop outboard to a 90hp jet outboard and getting better performance on a smaller and lighter package, not to mention the shallower draft on the lower unit. Not sure if the statement is true as jet outboards are not very common around here.