• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hello from Lake Winnebago, MO

Logan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Been jumping on here to do research as I'm in the process of looking for my next boat. Moved to our lake in 2008 and bought a beater pontoon. Quickly realized that wasn't cutting it so purchased a 95 Mastercraft 205 but Didn't realize the wife planned on bringing 2 dogs along with 3 kids, plus a packed lunch and cooler ... there was no space to move around. So we went back to a pontoon, this time a 2011 Lowe SS210 which did the job for space and pulled the kids tubing good enough with an Evinrude 90. Fast forward a few years and my girls are ready to do some other watersports besides tubing. The pontoon is sold and I'm trying to decide what to do. In case anyone cares to weigh-in ...

My lake requires a max of 20' under 3,400 lbs dry weight:
2018 AR195 - brand new, out the door cost at $37,500
2016 AR192 - with tower speakers and wakeboard racks at $32,000
and here's where things diverge from this forum ...
2006 Mastercraft Maristar (X2) V Drive in immaculate condition at $33,000

My only concern with the AR's is power and space. We will always have two adults, three kids and two dogs on the boat, plus if the kids have friends over at times. My big concern with the Mastercraft is maintenance and lengthy winterization.

Glad to be on here ... if this question needs to be in a different place, please school me!

BobJohnson

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
just to add to your list... you could also consider the Chaparral 203 models (VR or VRX with tower). I have a 22 foot version of this boat, and it has plenty of space. The 203's come with single or twin engine options. I've heard 203's with a single 250hp engine is good for watersports. The 203 with twin 150hp engines is the best in this size boat for watersports.
Just for info purposes... https://www.boats.com/boats-for-sale/?make=chaparral&model=203-vortex-vr

Good luck with your search.
Welcome the group.

Logan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
just to add to your list... you could also consider the Chaparral 203 models (VR or VRX with tower). I have a 22 foot version of this boat, and it has plenty of space. The 203's come with single or twin engine options. I've heard 203's with a single 250hp engine is good for watersports. The 203 with twin 150hp engines is the best in this size boat for watersports.
Just for info purposes... https://www.boats.com/boats-for-sale/?make=chaparral&model=203-vortex-vr

Good luck with your search.
Welcome the group.
Thanks for the welcome and info, Bob. I have a Chap dealership in town and have thought about waiting until they get a used boat in stock. They order their new inventory with some of the upgrades so they come in at $40k+, which is out of my budget. They do seem like very solid boats though and I've heard great things about them ... there are a few on my lake as well.

jcsmith77

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I can't help you with your query about 19 ft boats, but i have been nothing but happy with my ar210 and wanted to say welcome from just down the road in Harrisonville.

Logan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hey @jcsmith77 glad to hear you’re liking your 210 ... wish they’d allow one of those on Winnebago. Where are you dropping your boat in mostly?

Logan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I now officially feel like a member of this forum ... picked up a used 2018 AR195 with 9 hours yesterday. Can't wait to get it in the water once I get things worked out with my HOA. Trailered it on a 5-hour drive yesterday and it was effortless. Previous owner did the custom wheels and radial tires that I'm sure made a big difference. He also added the snap-on Sunbrella covers. Can't wait to get it out on some water!

18_AR195_Pickup_SM.jpg

Last edited:

KC-AR240

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice looking boat, bring it up to Smithville Lake next year ?