• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hello from Michigan! Back into a Jet Boat!

180Challenger

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Hi everyone,

Just pulled the trigger on 2008 Challenger 180. Had the small 2-stoke jet boats of the 90s, and finally decided to get back into jet boating.

First is first, how did I do? It’s a 2008 Challenger 180 (215hp), 29 original hours (yes, 29). The seats are pretty faded, and I had to install new speakers. Boat seems to run fine, but I plan to rebuild the supercharger just as an insurance policy. Paid $7k.

Next, has anyone had luck with vinyl paint to spruce up the colored portion of their seats?

180 owners, what should I be looking out for? What will I love, what will I hate?

Now that I asked a million questions, one more. Is everyone ready for summer?!? Happy boating!

Attachments

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I forget if they have an upgrade for the washer or not but if you find one do it. Sweetlooking boat and i am sure it will fly!
I would run it a bit and worry about the seats later. Heck, PO of my boat had some tears in the seams and i still haven't repaired because i figure why let the kids tear it up!
Use and enjoy!

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Now that I asked a million questions, one more. Is everyone ready for summer?!? Happy boating!
Congrats on the new boat! To answer your question, I picked up my new FSH April 12th. It has snowed 2 times since that day, it’s been 75 degrees during the week, and this weekend it is 45 degrees and cloudy. There is pretty substantial flooding all around here, YES!!! I am ready for summer.