• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hello jet boaters!

DiggerPA

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
For what it is worth, we purchased our first boat Last year, 2022 195s. Towing and storage was the biggest factors. After looking at several other boats, we chose the 195s for value, size, weight etc. We were out in it just about every weekend last summer and had a blast. My wife, daughter and 2-3 of her friends and could not have had more fun. Hanging out, Knee boarding, some Wake Boarding and tubing. Great boat, no issues at all, tows well and easy to launch and retrieve. We have been in the Delaware River, but mostly the northern Chesapeak area. Good Luck and welcome.

somedude

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Thanks, Brett, you are absolutely right.

I now have a target… LOL waiting for the right moment (say $).
Any suggestions on where to look?
I thought: online (not a lot of reasonable hits) or dealers (also poor selection for used inventory).
Or maybe I am looking in the wrong places?

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I did see a 190 (forget the year) finally dropping down to the 20K range. Those used to sell under $15k before COVID. I can only expect them to keep dropping.

If anyone posts a boat this early in our region, they are truly looking to sell quick. Either they have a new one coming in, or other reasons. As nobody wants to buy a boat in our area with ice on the lakes. So a gamble is an option. Just be prepared for the unkown, as sea trial will not happen.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I have seen them recently pop up a little down here in Florida. I guess it depends on what you want to spend and how far you want to travel.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
That’s more a snapshot in time of what a price is going for. Obviously age, model and hours plan a factor in your decision. Do you have a ballpark idea of model you are looking for?

somedude

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Well, sort of. I thought a 16 footer initially, but most suggestions were to look at a 19 footer.
That is likely the max the Tiguan can pull, plus they are more affordable than larger boats.
Then it came between Scarab and Yamaha and most also recommend Yamaha.
So a 19 ft Yamaha if I had to answer now without time to think. 🙂

somedude

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
For what it is worth, we purchased our first boat Last year, 2022 195s. Towing and storage was the biggest factors. After looking at several other boats, we chose the 195s for value, size, weight etc. We were out in it just about every weekend last summer and had a blast. My wife, daughter and 2-3 of her friends and could not have had more fun. Hanging out, Knee boarding, some Wake Boarding and tubing. Great boat, no issues at all, tows well and easy to launch and retrieve. We have been in the Delaware River, but mostly the northern Chesapeak area. Good Luck and welcome.
Digger, I missed your post somehow, it was on the next page.
That is one that I looked at too. Didn’t think one could be used on the Delaware, I wish I knew that when I was in Easton. 😎

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
You won’t go wrong with a 19ft boat and your VW shouldn’t have any problems towing it. Only other jet boats I have been on other than mine was a my uncles older 90s Sea Doo Speedster. It was around 15/16’ and for two people great. Anymore more than that and you were rubbing sweat back and forth. The other was our friends 24’ Yamaha, and that was too much boat for me to have for the size of my family, but a fantastic unit. I have a family of 5 and my in laws sometimes go with us and there is plenty of room and seating so nobody is bouncing around on the deck on my 19’ and plenty of storage so your not running like a guy with a loaded canoe. I don’t think there will be many people trying to talk you out of one boat opposed to another, only to help talk you into one to join the family 😉.

DiggerPA

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Digger, I missed your post somehow, it was on the next page.
That is one that I looked at too. Didn’t think one could be used on the Delaware, I wish I knew that when I was in Easton. 😎
Yes, not a problem, but after a storm you have to do some dodging of crap in the water. But other than that we have had no problem. But I will say going to Northeast MD, the water is very clean, lots of places to float and relax as well as Tube, kneeboard and wakeboard.