• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hello Moomba Makai

BABzUSA

Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I only have docked pics. Homies phone always takes terrible video. Don't worry once she's dialed you'll see lol. Stock is decent but she really does need more weight. This Pic is the coolest and easiest way to tie a boat to a dock. @BABzUSA

Also one for laughs dude was charging his boat on the fucking ramp. Can't make it up. He was doing it with his truck. View attachment 100980View attachment 100981View attachment 100982
Lookin good! The MC guy, not so good.

cozilla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Arcadyus i saw you posted you Makai on the Moomba forums for sale for a Supra. What is the Makai lacking that you want from the Supra. I am looking at Makais and looking for input. Thanks.

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
@Arcadyus i saw you posted you Makai on the Moomba forums for sale for a Supra. What is the Makai lacking that you want from the Supra. I am looking at Makais and looking for input. Thanks.
It's no longer for sale. Buying a lake house so the moomba stays. It lacks nothing. Sometimes I need to remember to appreciate what I already have not things I don't. Here's a wave pic of each side from today bro. 350DABA4-1BAE-4499-84B8-EF8C6C1531C4.png07B2FE24-BB44-4139-8623-0AB1C41C0F4E.png

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
After watching a dozen other wakesurf boats today I came to two conclusions. 1st one is just because you buy a wakeboat doesn't mean you can make a bad ass wake. Second I don't need to spend anymore money. There were 2 new G23 on the water today and neither came close to the makai wave. Don't even ask about the Malibus.

Ironman10

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I recently put down the deposit for a Makai coming in June. Haven’t sold the 2020 195s yet, but will be sad to see it go as it was an awesome boat. Are you still running with stock ballast? I’m considered putting 500-1000 of lead in as if I’m off the back, we’ll have about 360 in people weight.

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I never ran stock ballast mate. We run 1250 lbs of lead. If I had any faith in WaveMaker I'd order bags to get rid of all the lead, but I have none sadly. All my weight is hidden beneath the bags.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I never ran stock ballast mate. We run 1250 lbs of lead. If I had any faith in WaveMaker I'd order bags to get rid of all the lead, but I have none sadly. All my weight is hidden beneath the bags.
I'm very interested in your experience with lead ballast.
Is it easy to move it around? Are you happy with it?
Does it get wet and nasty? Where do you store it? Do you leave it in the boat wet slipping/towing?
I know, so many questions...
Appreciate any feedback.

--

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
If you can easily move around 45 lb plate at the gym you should be fine. I wouldn't move them around other than 2 sacks to the surf side depending on surfer. It gets wet and kinda moldy but nothing a pressure washer can't take care of. I sore them in the boat mostly year round. The boat sits on the trailer with 1250lns of lead.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hey man long time no see and hope all is well!!

What happened with Wakemakers? I know they can mess up orders sometimes but they’ve taken care of me with any issues (there were a few lol). You can also get with Fat Sac and they can make you custom bags.

This is why I only planned to carry 500 or so lbs of lead ballast and the rest is water ballast. That way when I’m done surfing I am not lugging around the extra weight all day. The only negative with not using lead is it means more water ballast and less storage space. Of course today’s boats are massively big surf barges so there will always been some storage retained for most people. Can’t wait to see how the 500 lbs of lead works for me this season and also the fun on fine tuning the placement for best results.