• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hello Sunshine!! Relocating from Seattle WA to Sarasota/Bradenton FL Area! Woohooo!!

synackattack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did you make it out to Passage Sunday? We were there from about 10:30-4ish. It was a little wavy on the east side of the island but other than that it was an amazing day. My wife and I did a lap around the island, but there were so many Yamaha's out there I didn't know which was yours.

My boat is below...feel free to stop by and say hello if you see us out there. We're always happy to meet other jet boaters.

1589982776869.png

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Did you make it out to Passage Sunday? We were there from about 10:30-4ish. It was a little wavy on the east side of the island but other than that it was an amazing day. My wife and I did a lap around the island, but there were so many Yamaha's out there I didn't know which was yours.

My boat is below...feel free to stop by and say hello if you see us out there. We're always happy to meet other jet boaters.

View attachment 119645
Sharp looking. Love the color!

isitsummeryet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

View attachment 119645
Yes we did. We were there all day. Next time you go let me know. Impossible to pin point one boat like that between all the yammies so we will chat and coordinate.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Yes we did. We were there all day. Next time you go let me know. Impossible to pin point one boat like that between all the yammies so we will chat and coordinate.
You could always get the JetBoaters.net flag!?! Just a thought. At least put the JB sticker on the back. One of the best mods I did to the boat this year. :thumbsup:

synackattack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks @Dean P ! Good idea on the Flag and/or sticker!

We're currently planning on being out both Saturday and Sunday somewhere in the area. I'll shoot you a PM once we figure out where.

isitsummeryet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks @Dean P ! Good idea on the Flag and/or sticker!

We're currently planning on being out both Saturday and Sunday somewhere in the area. I'll shoot you a PM once we figure out where.
Hey question... Weather says thunderstorms all week starting this Friday. What does that mean in FL? Does that mean thunderstorms only during certain times of the day and usually the sun comes out or full on rain all day in FL? I don't understand how there can be thunderstorms for 8 days straight? lol

synackattack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome to Summer in FL! Kidding...kinda. We pretty much always have a slight chance of T-Storms in the late afternoon here. What I look at when I'm planning on going out or not is the wind and wave forecast first, and then the precipitation forecast.

I use an app called Windy and usually start off by checking the forecast at Bradenton Yacht Club, there are a lot of other stations on the app as well.
I don't want to be out in the open water when the gusts are in the 20 range, or the waves are above 3ft. Right now the waves and winds are looking good on the forecast. I'll keep an eye on the precipitation forecast, and usually check the radar the morning I want to go to make sure that there's nothing angry looking in the Gulf. If its over 70% of or so the day of I will usually cancel.

There are other apps like this, but this one is the one I use the most.

Hope this helps!

1589985017199.png

isitsummeryet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome to Summer in FL! Kidding...kinda. We pretty much always have a slight chance of T-Storms in the late afternoon here. What I look at when I'm planning on going out or not is the wind and wave forecast first, and then the precipitation forecast.

I use an app called Windy and usually start off by checking the forecast at Bradenton Yacht Club, there are a lot of other stations on the app as well.
I don't want to be out in the open water when the gusts are in the 20 range, or the waves are above 3ft. Right now the waves and winds are looking good on the forecast. I'll keep an eye on the precipitation forecast, and usually check the radar the morning I want to go to make sure that there's nothing angry looking in the Gulf. If its over 70% of or so the day of I will usually cancel.

Hope this helps!

View attachment 119647
Thanks man! I'll download it!

synackattack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks man! I'll download it!
No problem! Just keep in mind it is a forecast, and sometimes the actual conditions do not match the forecast at all! Every once in a while I turn around at the mouth of the Manatee and just cruise the river for the day. :D

isitsummeryet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Hope this helps!

View attachment 119647
Hey
No problem! Just keep in mind it is a forecast, and sometimes the actual conditions do not match the forecast at all! Every once in a while I turn around at the mouth of the Manatee and just cruise the river for the day. :D
Hey if I am reading it right, does it mean it says 23 mph wind gusts at 11:00pm on Saturday??

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I use Dark Sky. Here the weekend looks good with acceptable winds (<10), gust slightly high and very little chance of rain. Should be nice.