• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Helm Storage Ideas

GoodCubanito

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Anybody out there has pictures and/or ideas on how to add storage in the helm area? Stuff like cell phones, air horn, docs, my 9mm handgun (why not? :cool: ), etc... so I don't have to worry about then getting wet or getting all over the boat!

Thanks in advance.

They stick well to hard materials? Reviews on Amazon look somewhat mixed.
Yes...I put them on the insides of all the flip up seats and doors. Adds a lot of storage for personal belongings

Very strong adhesive and Velcro. So far so good. I put a small one next to the captains chair to keep registration and ID ready for the booze police...?
Also bought one of these. Great for cleaning products and tools.

Does stuff fall out of that thing easily?
You just stuck it to the top of the compartment?
That's why I like the nets. Secure and no flying objects

Does stuff fall out of that thing easily?
You just stuck it to the top of the compartment?
Never its mounted on the lower part of the helm in front of your knees. So its angled down i throw my wallet, truck keys, my handheld vhf, etc...
Its plenty out of the way so you dont wack your knees on it

Never its mounted on the lower part of the helm in front of your knees. So its angled down i throw my wallet, truck keys, my handheld vhf, etc...
Its plenty out of the way so you dont wack your knees on it
Could you provide a picture as how it looks in there? Thanks

Here's what I did. I still have to come up with something for the helm cabinets. I use the one next to the Captain's chair to stow my mirror sock. On the port side locker door, I use it to store all my docs. I have these under all my seats for personal belongings.

Attachments

• IMG_2131.jpg
    IMG_2131.jpg
    222.2 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_2132.jpg
    IMG_2132.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_2133.jpg
    IMG_2133.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_2134.jpg
    IMG_2134.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 148
Here's what I did. I still have to come up with something for the helm cabinets. I use the one next to the Captain's chair to stow my mirror sock. On the port side locker door, I use it to store all my docs. I have these under all my seats for personal belongings.
RobbieO: where did you get those from? They look great!

I got one of these and added a rectangular box made from cutting board to stiffen the opening, used to store cellphone, wallet, truck keys, and the handheld VHF clipped to the outside. It's a expensive idea, but at the end of the day it is removeable. On the our SX210 we mount it under the "glovebox" on the port side but it could go just about anywhere it is smooth and no curve.
Binoculars Pocket

MB5448-2_v2_720x.jpg

Link to buy this? Nvm saw above

Back