• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Help. 232 volt meters

Djc16

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Looking to add a duel volt meter to my 08 232.
Has anyone added a duel meter before? Any tips ?
Thanks

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I've seen plenty of guys add them to amp boards during audio upgrades. You could probably copy something from one of those threads.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I added a custom one I made with Arduino and an ePaper display, probably not what you are looking for, but I have some feedback from the experience.

The meters don't show the right voltage as expected, if the batteries are bridged together (either because of selecting ALL" switch position, or because you added a Automatic Charging Relay to charge both batteries while running)

With the expense and wiring of the voltage gauge, I would suggest an ACR if you don't have one, it will keep both batteries charged without you having to engage the battery switch every time. I added this one
https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Sea-Systems-Automatic-Charging/dp/B00BFVHL2I and added a small switch to the dash on the ground wire feeding it so I can disconnect it at will.

you should switch from one battery to the other from time to time to confirm the other battery is still good and working as expected.

Best of luck!

gt5pilot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I added this to the port side start switch so when I go to start the port engine (1st) it immediately comes up and displays the battery voltage and I can monitor voltage droop during the start up of the motors. I removed the cigarette lighter (who needs it?) and it fit in that same hole with no other modifications. Also gives you two USB ports should you need them and lets me see the charge of the battery when underway.

Last edited:

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have 2 volt meters... A digital one with an audible low/high voltage alarm that hangs off the Main DC Bus Bars, and another analog for underway in the dash that hangs off the harness downstream that's in the portside console with all the other engine gauges for Oil Pressure and Fuel Pressure... the plan here was to have all the needles point to 12 o'clock when underway.. helps the gauge scan....

attachment - 2022-05-16T203108.845.jpgattachment - 2022-05-16T203230.315.jpg

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
It’s nice having the Connext screen that shows the voltages 😁

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I added this to the port side start switch so when I go to start the port engine (1st) it immediately comes up and displays the battery voltage and I can monitor voltage droop during the start up of the motors. I removed the cigarette lighter (who needs it?) and it fit in that same hole with no other modifications. Also gives you two USB ports should you need them and lets me see the charge of the battery when underway.
Same one I ordered. Haven’t installed yet, has it worked out well? Accurate? Did you use 16 or 18AWG?

gt5pilot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Same one I ordered. Haven’t installed yet, has it worked out well? Accurate? Did you use 16 or 18AWG?
Yes, it has been good thus far - 0.1V resolution and I checked it against my calibrated Fluke DVM and it was spot on. I just used the supplied wiring that came with it, very easy installation. It made for a good "peace of mind" view that I knew the battery is charging underway. On a 2008 boat I expect that one of these days the mags or rectifier will give up the ghost on one of the motors.