• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Help - Adding amp to 2016 AR240 with Polk factory system

Tkoz

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I bought new speakers and a 4 channel amp to upgrade our AR240. I am totally confused on how and where to hook up the amp. The boat obviously has the Connext screen. below the helm is some sort of Polk receiver/amp?? What do I do with that thing? How do I hook up the new amp into the existing system? Also has the Polk transom stereo controller. Help.

Attachments

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There should be 2 rca connections under the helm that you run to the amp with rca cables. Then wire the speakers to the amp. I would run new better wires to the speakers. You should also run home runs to battery + and - to the amp.

Tkoz

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank for the info. The boat only comes with 2 channels/RCA's for the front and back. I bought a 4 channel amp and am adding a pair to the transom and another pair on the interior later. How do I feed all 4 amp channels? Or do I not need to? I am a newb.
Which battery do I run the amp to? Where do I pick up the ground?
RCAs.jpg
You are right in Denver? I am in Fort Mill and go out on Lake Wylie.

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
you only need two in. Left and right. Read your amp manual it should tell you what channels are paired. best results are achieved by running power and ground right to the house battery putting a fuse on the positive line. There’s a small power lead behind the helm on the radio also that you should be able to hook to your amp so it powers on when the radio has power. Check your amp instructions.